Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Dog

Little Miss 5:45 am update

I gave Kimber some extra exercise yesterday evening, and in the bedroom I made sure all the blinds were closed and the door to the bathroom (which has a window) was shut.

Kimber woke me up at 5:55. I think her early morning trigger must be something internal, not the light outside. Rats!
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Does Miss Kimber get a bedtime snack?
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

I agree! I have tried making the bedroom darker, turning up the fan, extra exercise and a bigger bedtime snack. I still get the wet nose wiggles at 6:30 AM. It never fails to make me smile and I know someday I will miss it. It keeps me motivated so it works out.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
    She gets a small cookie at bedtime (a very old legacy from her puppy days, when she had empty tummy syndrome.) I always make her potty before bedtime (and pick up her water at 9 pm) but I would guess right around 6 am she's feeling an urge to pee. If I let her out to pee, she's content to snuggle back into bed with me afterwards. But letting her out makes me wake up. If instead I just move her into the crate, she snorts but then goes back to sleep, so I don't think she *needs* to potty- she'd just like to.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

one chili didnt get up til 730am, I thought something was wrong as he always gets up between 545-630am. I have no idea how his clock is set but I dont think it has to do with what time he went to bed.
    Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

Mel just recently figured that the best time for a wake up kiss is at four o'clock in the morning; she doesn't need anything, she just wants to play a bit and after a little while she goes happily back to sleep which gives me a lot of time to read all new posts here before we head off for our morning walk sometime between five and six. Water, food, treats, all kinds of bodily functions have nothing to do with this, she just wants to make sure I'm fresh for our walk and get all all the news and K9 education before we leave. She's really lucky she's so cute, has four legs and very gentle manners as otherwise she might end up...
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

LOL, I feel your pain I do but I totally understand that yeah you would miss it if it wasn't there. Hemi has a new thing he does, no specific time in the morning. If he catches me sleeping with my hand hanging over the edge of the bed which is usually palm down. He comes over and gently ducks and then puts his head in the palm of my hand for some head scratches. Its annoying as hell and wakes me up every time, but you can't help but smile and oblige a few scratches as he settles back down.

If I am sleeping and my face is right on the edge of the bed, I will get a big kiss in the middle of the night too usually square on the lips.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

maczinger (06-12-2014)

ditto, Voodoo! I am re-setting my internal clock accordingly for the first time in years (and hoping Pearl some day gets the idea to sleep in a little longer on weekends... right now the puppy bladder is on control...)

I get up M-F at 5:30am. Mocha does too! We are very lucky as on the weekends I wake up at 5:30 and tell Mocha "I'm going to sleep a littler more" and he settles back down for another hour of slumber. He is a great puppy!

It's my cat that gets us up. It has nothing to do with light. It's because the bowl of food I gave him at bedtime is either gone or dried out and he wants more. I've gotten (kind of) used to getting up at 5 AM just to feed the animals on the weekend and then going back to bed for an hour or more. The dogs, after eating, like to sleep in with us and since the cats are fed, they don't bother us (or if they come back in our room, they just sit and stare at us).

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos