Best Friend Retriever

Can Denamarin Cause Increased Thirst?

Molly has been on it for a week now & I noticed yesterday & today she is drinking a lot more, & peeing more, too, even leaking a small patch on the carpet, which normally she never does.....She is 12 yrs old now, & vet discovered her ALT liver level is slowly on the rise.....does anyone know of any good food that supports the liver? The vet said stay away from high protein, & I don't want to try to prepare meals myself, as I wouldn't know where to start, and I don't want to feed raw because my vet worries about salmonella, etc.

Molly is starting to have some trouble with arthritis, too--sometimes she has a bit of trouble getting up, & sometimes she limps for a little while after getting up.

Joined this forum when Molly was just a pup, & where does the time go.......here we are on the Senior Lab Health section now......I just really need to be thankful for all the happy, healthy years I've had with Molly......however many we have though, is never enough.....

Senior Dog
    Sunnie was on Denamarin for about a year for elevated levels of unknown source...she's been fine ever since (that was 4 - 5 years ago if I remember correctly). I hadn't noticed any increase in drinking but Sunnie's not a big drinker so perhaps she just seemed more like a normal dog and it escaped my attention. I know we had no leakage.

I'd talk to the vet, though...excessive drinking and urination issues can themselves be a symptom of liver disease.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

Mollysmomma (05-21-2016)

Bailey was also on denamarin and I never noticed any increase in water intake.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

5. The Following User Says Thank You to labsnewfy For This Useful Post:

Mollysmomma (05-25-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos