Real Retriever

Something in the water...

'cause Piper's little sister comes home june 10th. Lots of babies coming on the board. My question is how to introduce Rooney/Tessa to other dogs when Piper is around? Will she be over protective or no big deal. The three situations are as follows and all are with male dogs.

Joey, the boxer who bursts into our yard 4-5 times a week to play with Piper. They get along great but I'm not sure how to introduce new puppy to Joey with Piper around.

Hank, my aunt's rottie. We go to her house and Piper just gets out of the car and plays with Hank until he collapses-she was way more stamina then him.

Brody, brother-in-laws golden retriever. He comes to our house for holidays.

All boy dogs are nice and play nicely with Pipe and all are young, roughly between 1 and 2 1/2. I am more concerned about her response. We've always only had her and her meetings with the above three went smoothly. I just kind of want to know what to expect from her, any ideas?

I've never had one dog be protective of another dog in my home nor have I met anyone with this issue. So, I don't think it's common. The bigger issue will be keeping the pup safe from the other dogs who may not like puppies or may not know how to play with puppies appropriately and how to keep the two big dogs from accidentally hurting the pup (like running him over) while they run and wrestle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

Piper'sMom (05-26-2016)

Real Retriever
    Whew that's a relief! I was mostly worried about Joey since he is a regular visitor and I'm thinking I will just let them sniff each other a little bit and then take puppy inside when he comes over for awhile 'cause like I said, he and Piper are physical.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos