Thread: New toy

Senior Dog

New toy

Since I got rid of my pickup we have been using the Explorer and Expedition to carry our equipment. They really are not suited for this kind of abuse so my husband has agreed to us getting a new side by side ATV. We will keep the small ATV as it has been great for me running from mark to mark but the side by side will be great for carrying equipment as well. So far we have tried out a Kabota. It was a good size, a little big for what we need. It also was diesel and ever time you take your foot off the accelerator it stops dead. That took some getting used to. This weekend we are trying out a Polaris Ranger that belongs to a friend. It is a little smaller but will carry all the equipment we need around here. It really climbed the steep hills at the back. It will be good for my sister to ride up the hills on as there are some great marks from those vantage points. The dog can ride with her, my old guys have already taken a trip on it.
    Next week we will look at a John Deer and then make our decision. We hope to have it by the trial at the end of June.
    Anyone one have any opinions of these machines.

I wish. I keep telling hubby that "hard core" retriever people will always want something like that. Every time we go to Cabela's I point to them lined up there and tell him we oughta take one home. He turns an interesting shade of green.

I have been driving a 2005 Toyota Tacoma for many years and it gets me to any crazy place we go training. But it struggles to pull my very small travel trailer especially if I need to go over the Sierras. I've been working on him for a couple of years to get me a new truck. I test drove a Ford F-150 with the 3.5 L V-6 with a turbo. Oh my... very, very nice.

When our training group gets together again, I'll pay attention to what the pro uses. I don't know what brand it is, but it's been a real work horse.

Senior Dog
    I would like another truck but will probably end up with my husband's hand down Dodge Ram. I can't complain because he is a real bugaboo about his vehicles. The last one I got from him was a GMC. I really think we should have kept it and put the body work it needed into it. The salt up here kills our vehicles. Anyway the guy who bought it has done the work and it looks fantastic. At on time I had a full size van that we put through hell. I took it places that any 4 wheel drive could go. I am hard on a vehicle that is why Rand doesn't want me driving his truck. I also would get it dirty!We will get a lot of use out of what every we settle on.

I worked in the powersports business for 10+ years. I can say that with out a doubt the Kubota's are the class of the field. I don't have any direct experience with the John Deere stuff so I can't comment on them. Polaris ATV's and UTV's are notoriously unreliable. Kubota would definitely be my first choice, followed by Yamaha, then Kawasaki. I know Honda got into the UTV game a few years back, but I've never seen or used one. In general Honda ATV's were the most reliable, so I would imagine the UTV's are the same.

My pro has had her Honda ATV for years and it's in almost daily use.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos