Team TRAD - "Boy's Night Out"

Aye Mates,
    With the holiday weekend upon us, me bride Lisa and our daughters headed for a 3 day get away at the beautiful Rhode Island beaches, those plans leaving TEAM TRAD to fend for ourselves. TRAD and meself hit the road mid-day on Friday and headed to our game club for an overnight stay. Telling me daughter Shannon and me wife Lisa of our intended plans earlier in the week just set the course for a string o' barbs about us having a "mantown pajama party" and such. T'was like water off a duck's back as I knew TRAD and I would have a grand time in meeting up with me Lads Bill and Chris who planned on joining us.

Arriving at the club at about 3:00 PM on Friday, Chris had already stoked the fire under the pavillion and Bill was in the kitchen preparing some snack foods for our fireside pre-dinner powwow. Chris loves to cook and had a menu of ribs, corn on the cob, and a delicious potato salad planned which we ate at about 7:00. The ribs were cooked over the open wood fire in our fire pit. We all toasted a few of our favorite brews, me own being Guinness and we managed to sip on some "Cabin Fever" (maple flavored whisky) over the rocks, seemingly a very apropos cordial in light o' the long winter recovery period o' Lisa and her severe leg injuries, I conducted a mental toast to her in absentia as she will begin physical therapy this week coming. "SLAINTE"!

Chris tends to the fire as TRAD lurks about in the background. TRAD loves the club where he is a popular Lad and legendary for his bird hunting abilities with the membership.

Post meal we sat about the fire and I called me wife and daughters to check on their safe arrival to the beachfront in RI and to inquire about their enjoyment of the day. The girls informed me that they were having a delightful time and sipping on frozen Kahlua drinks whilst looking over the grand Atlantic and in turn they inquired how TRAD and I were enjoying our "pajama party". I told them "t'is grand, Bill is slicing up some cucumbers to rid our eyelids of wrinkles and we are all going to do facial mudpacks with clay harvested from our trout waters later tonight", of course delivering me retort in as giddy a voice as an old Irish lad can muster as I simultaneously watched Chris choke on a puff of the cigar he had been enjoying until he heard me barb about facials.

Tranquility of the early evening sets in upon us at "Club Med" as the Lads often fondly call it. Clean up of dinner related matter done, we ushered in darkness by the fire and retreated to the clubhouse for widescreen TV and banter about the approaching elections.

TRAD sniffs about the common area inside the club house as if to be in search of a place he will lay down upon later in the evening. Both TRAD and I know better and that the Lads will all be inviting him up on the furniture with themselves, a "treat" I let him delight in at the club but not at home.

I fell asleep whilst watching TV only to find both Chris and Bill had retired to their rooms at some undetermined time long before me awakening. I watched a wee bit more TV and wandered down the hall to me room for a grand night o' sleep.

Me Mate Bill was up early and made us all a nice breakfast o' bacon, eggs, english muffins, OJ, and fresh brewed coffee. Bill's son Billy (also a club member) had worked his evening shift as a State Trooper and stopped by to join us for breakfast on his way home from work.

After breakfast we all helped clean up and headed in seperate directions to enjoy the rest of the long Memorial Day Weekend. Today as I scribe this, I dedicate me thoughts and prayers to those that gave all for our liberty - God rest them all!

This story is dedicated to the memory of Corporal John M. Dawson born 21 JUNE 1992 - KIA in Afghanistan on 8 APRIL 2015 whilst serving with the 101ST AIRBORNE SCREAMING EAGLES. God Rest Ye John.

Faugh a Ballagh,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (05-30-2016), POPTOP (05-30-2016)

What a beautiful spot to rest and enjoy the comradeship of your friends.

Thank you Corporal John M. Dawson for serving our country and giving your life so that we may have the life we have at home. Rest In Peace
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (05-30-2016)

Fran,
    Thank you for ye kind commentary.

Mike
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Very nice club! Glad you both had a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JackK View Post
    Very nice club! Glad you both had a great weekend.
    Jack,
    As stated in the story, TRAD is right at home and regularly enjoys sharing a recline on the furniture with one o' the members as he does here with me gunning Mate Billy.

TRAD and Billy relaxing at "CLUB MED".

Cheers,
    Mikey
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos