Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yikes!

Yikes!

Here I sit, checking in on everyone this morning. Happen to glance up and there's a huge spider strolling along the wall at the ceiling. Is he going to jump down on me??? What are his intentions???

Oh no, here he comes, 8 legging his way down to the wall. See you later!
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

LOL, one day I was walking down a line of cubicles here at work and I see this spider coming down a web slowly straight down right on top of a girls head. She is blissfully unaware and quietly typing away on her keyboard. I tell her don't move, by the tone of my voice she must have known something was up and froze. I grabbed the spider web up high and position it so it continues on down toward the floor. I tell her the coast is clear she turns around and proceeds to scream.

I often wonder how many times that does happen a day to people though. You are just sitting there working away and a spider drops on your head and you have no idea.

Thanks for giving me the willies! Now to scan the ceiling where I'm sitting...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (06-03-2016)

It actually happened to me. Worse than a spider landing on your head is a spider landing in front of your eyes! I jumped and screamed!! I admit it, I have arachnophobia.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    There was a big one sitting on the keypad we use outside to close the garage door...I'm so glad it was light enough out for me to see the darned thing before I put my finger on my intended number (which was smack dab under its belly).

Spiders kinda freak me out a bit, but I don't kill them when I find them in the house. I'll scoop them up and drop them outside. Hayden (my GS) was over last Friday night and he saw a spider in the power room, and asked me to come kill it. I told him, no we don't kill spiders because they eat other bugs. I showed him how to scoop it up, and then put it outside. He was pretty impressed.

So the next day, when his father (my son) come to pick Hayden up. Hayden gives him the run down on why we don't kill spiders, and how to scoop them and take them outside. Love this guy!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (06-02-2016)

I'm back and I can't find him. Worse than seeing a spider over your head is not knowing where he went.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Was it one of these guys?

You made me look up, you.

When I was in grade 7 the teacher was telling us something and as I sat listening intently I felt something walk down my arm. A spider. I was in the front row and the boy behind me and several others watched it's progress, no doubt hoping I'd freak out when it touched my bare arm. I think maybe the teacher was in on it too because I didn't freak out, disappointing the waiting watchers, and I picked it up, walked over to an open window and put it outside. This was back in the days you barely breathed without permission from the teacher, that's why I think she was in on it, she let me do that.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TT120 View Post
    Was it one of these guys?

Hate the ones that jump! Nope this guy was not a Daddy Longlegs but he was one tall dude.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos