Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petplan

Petplan

Has anyone had to renew their policy lately? Petplan has made some major changes. They don't have bronze, silver or gold anymore. What they recommended to me was unlimited coverage, 70% reimbursement and $500 deductible. This would cost $747 annually. When I tried to build my policy similar to what I currently have it would cost me over $1200 annually. Niner isn't even 4 years old yet. I am very disappointed

Don't haven't experienced that before but that was totally disappointing.

I'll have to check Sophie's it renewed back on June 2.

Mine renews in August.....normally it just automatically renews and I get an email saying it's been renewed. Will that not be the case if they made those changes, does yours normally automatically renew as well?

I still see the bronze silver gold on their website and the highest deductible is still $200. Could it be a regional change? We are on the east cost.

Hmmm I don't know. It could be they haven't changed over yet. They told me Niner is one of the first to get the new plan . Humph - his policy renews 9/29. If I don't change the policy myself then they will change it to the policy they recommend which is the first option I mentioned. I'm thinking of switching to Nationwide with their new whole wellness plan. It covers pretty much everything with 90% coverage and an annual deductible of 250 not per incident. It is unlimited coverage. Gonna cost me but Petplan is gonna cost me and coverage isn't that good anymore. Very upset

Oh no! My premiums have been steadily rising for the past 3 years. I used to pay ~$300 now, at my last renewal for Lily it was more than $500. That's just for Lily. We have no insurance for Daisy because my husband got mad at Petplan at the first premium increase. Now we are undergoing costly Cushing's treatment and monitoring for the rest of Daisy's life. I wish desperately we still had coverage for D. I will not drop coverage for Lily but the anticipated change in Petplan's coverage really scares me! If it gets too expensive I won't be able to afford it.

Oh I'm sorry to hear about Daisy. I honestly am at a loss about this. Petplan called me this morning to look at my options. After talking to them I just don't know what to do. Phooey

Someone posted about the Nationwide Pet Insurance, I think it was Georgia, a few months ago. Maybe she will chime in about it?

Quote Originally Posted by arentspowell View Post
    I still see the bronze silver gold on their website and the highest deductible is still $200. Could it be a regional change? We are on the east cost.
    I was just playing around on their website with different zip codes and there are huge differences in price and plans comparing a random Tampa zip code 33609 to Beverley Hills 90210.
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos