Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Things we do for our quadrupeds that might be excessive

Driving home in my truck with Milo today, It's 106 outside and I've got 3 of the 4 AC vents pointing at the dog. 1 vent for me, 3 vents for the dog........

I installed a new camera in my security system in the living room just so I could watch my dog from my phone when I'm not home and he is.

I realized that I have more food, treats, and toys for my dog than for me. When the zombies come, Milo will survive longer than I will.

Geez, all my AC vents point to the dog. I only get the edge of the drift. Wasn't that hot though.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Mine have more dog beds than I have human beds. And yes, my A/C vents all point to the back of my SUV, where the dogs ride in comfort on yet another memory foam dog bed.

Such a bright idea Good for you! Haha you forget about yourself I see you love your dog so much that's nice I salute with you.

I'm a 3 of 4 venter as well. Mav has his own fan that blows on his kennel. He has a full dedicated shelf in our pantry full of treats and bones. He also has a half shelf with his probiotics/digestive enzymes and supplements. He has a shelf in the fridge with cold treats and his fish oil. Plus his toys take up a giant portion of our living room and cover our subwoofer and half of one of our tower speakers. Plus we have cuddle time every night before DH comes to bed. He's the little spoon

And isn't it wonderful that we have these dogs to splurge on? I would have it no other way. In my opinion, there is very little that can be considered excessive for our dogs.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

I honestly see nothing wrong here. I just thought this was normal behavior. All of it.

Hemi has the entire back seat with a memory foam cushion. Hemi has a fine treat bar with treats ranging from simple marrow bones to fine kale soft chews. Hemi cam has long been in place to watch him while I am at work. Of course there is the point that Hemi needed to go camping, so he needed an RV, which then needed a bigger truck, but since we had a bigger truck Hemi needed a bigger RV.

I don't really see any problem here.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (06-30-2016), Berna (06-29-2016), Macy (06-29-2016), POPTOP (06-29-2016)

Hey Jeff, can I move in with you? I am good at cleaning(windows and kitchen floors are my specialty), yard work, washing and cleaning vehicles(I don't know about RVs) and general maintenance.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

Best Friend Retriever soberbyker's Avatar

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soberbyker For This Useful Post:

Berna (06-29-2016), Macy (06-29-2016)

I don't find any of this odd. I also frequently come home to find the DH on the floor while Macy lays comfortably on the couch all four legs up.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos