Ram Jet Rocket Dog has a new ride

-rocket-dogs-ride-jpg

We both think it's much classier than the 10 year old Tacoma with no cap and 120,000 on the odometer. (But the dealer had 2 offers on it within a week. So it was a sweet truck.) I hope the new ride gives us the same reliability. Ironically, with many times more torque and lots more horse power, the new ride gives me better mileage than the old one. Technology is a wonderful thing.

I used to work as a sales manager at a Toyota dealer. Used Tacoma's are worth their weight in gold. 120K is barely broken in on one of these!!!

Senior Dog
    Nice ride for the Rocket dog.

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    I used to work as a sales manager at a Toyota dealer. Used Tacoma's are worth their weight in gold. 120K is barely broken in on one of these!!!
    Here's what is cool. They detailed it and made it look brand new. Rocket Dog and I had to go back to the dealership for some stuff that wasn't completely finished on the new truck a few days later and there was the tacoma with a lady my age test driving it and falling in love with it. She was an avid hiker and her car would not safely get her in to particular trail heads. The salesman pointed to RD and me and told her how I'd used it for years and that did it. She bought it on the spot. It had only been there a few days and they'd had two offers on it and given multiple test drives.

Rocket has a new rocket to ride!
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Rocket Dog looks like the best accessory you could want for your new truck!

Nice! I hope it serves you as well as your previous one did. I would love a new-er one of what i have (durango), but they totally changed them, they're not trucks anymore, can't pull as much (mine can pull up to about 8,500lbs), not as big inside (dont think i'd get 2 36" crates in the back), last year they made them was 2009. so either going to have to go the pickup route, or tahoe type vehicle. Mine has 341,000km on it now and is 11yrs old.
    Be nice to see how its doing for you after you've enjoyed it for a few months.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Nice, but, can you get the hood open? OH has an F150 and two ladies in a brand new one nabbed him at the gas station to see if he knew how to get the hood up. He didn't, it's different, but he looked and fiddled and figured it out and then he made them do it so they'd know how. Here's the best part, they wanted to clean the windshield off and they needed to put wiper fluid in. Apparently they didn't think to just clean the windshield themselves, though of course it is rather nice to have the wipers loaded with fluid. OH put the fluid in for them. OH's is a six, he's always had pickups with an eight. He doesn't notice any lack of power and he's impressed with his mileage too.

Looks like you have the good bumper too. Some, maybe years between OH's and yours, the one my BIL has, have a big open space where the license plate goes and no covering. BIL has had stones go through and put holes in his rad.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Hmmmm... I'll have to figure out the hood thing! The ecoboost 6 Cyl with the turbo is sweet. It pulls my little TT (an Rpod) without even breathing hard. I'm driving to Portland tomorrow and I'll be interested to follow the mileage.

Nice tittle "Rocket Dog"

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos