Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Failed

I Failed

My HIDA scan. It measures the function of the gallbladder and gives an ejection/fraction; how the gallbladder is working. GI surgeon and GI doc conferred and they feel it best that it is taken out. After going through this with DH, I know it is a fairly easy procedure but dang when are my body parts going to settle down!

On a better note, the gallbladder may be the reason for my pancreatitis or I may not have pancreatitis at all and it all be gallbladder attacks. Wouldn't that be great! I'll go through the surgery just to be able to get off this darn diet. Staying on a diet which limits everything to 5% fat sucks. We had burgers last night, DH having an oh so aromatic sirloin burger while I had a veggie burger. Don't let anyone fool you, veggie burgers just don't hack it.

Not an emergency situation so will see when it will be done.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    Oh, gosh. Well, let's "silver lining" this and think about being able to potentially eat more normally again. Glad to hear it's a relatively benign operation.

Gallbladder attacks are NO FUN! I had them for years before we knew what was going on and I had it taken out. Oddly, my last and worst attack was after eating a small cupcake and a non-fat latte. While awaiting surgery, I lived on Cheerios, skim milk and bananas. I was so sick and afraid of another attack like the last one. But, apparently the last one was so bad because there was a stone stuck in a duct. Ouch!

I hope it's what you need to feel better.

I've heard gall bladder attacks are about the worst pain so I hope you don't have to wait too long. Your so-called failure might be just the thing to finally fix this once and for all.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

I hope everything gets cleared up Fran. So sorry you're going through this.

I hear you on the veggie burgers. My husband was raised on them and loves them. He's always ordering them at restaurants. I just stare.

DW and my dad have had their gallbladders removed. Both had laparoscopic procedure and came through with flying colors. You'll do great!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Had mine taken out in the olden days when they made a 4" incision just under the diaphragm on the right side. How primitive things were back then. But for sure... it fixes the attacks.

Best Friend Retriever
    When you find out when your surgery will be scheduled, please let us know so we can be sending all our positive thoughts & Lab Board mojo your way! Dh had the laparascopic surgery several years ago, & his dr said he shouldn't go back to work for 10 days (as an orchard manager--involved walking a lot), but he was bored & feeling good, so was back to work on the 3rd day, although he took it very easy & just drove around checking on things, etc.

Oh no Fran. You've been through so much and now this! Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful surgery and speedy recovery, and no more issues for a while!
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Hope this is the solution for your issues. And let us know when you get scheduled for this.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos