Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Online training and progress

I wanted to share this online training that is being offered right now:
    Brilliantrecalls.com
    I think this video series is only online for a limited time so I wanted to share it.
    Also, Daisy has been making good progress with bikes...we got a lot of practice in today and bikes got very close with no lunging/barking. She did a bark once at a parked scooter and lunge toward a squirrel and a duck...but it still feels like huge progress to me. Almost too much progress for a couple of days. Side note: Does anyone else have a dog that doesn't pay attention to them at all when walking by a pond??
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

That sounds awesome! The funny thing about labs, in my experience, is that sometimes they go a long time and it doesn't seem like they are getting it. Then one day, there it is! They retain information for a long time and process it even when you think they are not. It's pretty cool.

Lunging at the squirrels and ducks, probably more impulse control than a behavioral issue. That takes time and maturity. And lots of leave its. Have you taught Daisy the "look" or "watch me" commands?

My dogs will pay attention around ponds but it's not easy. Mostly, they want to go into the water. One of my dogs pulled me in when he was younger.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (06-14-2014)

Good progress. I, too, was surprised at how fast Archie became acclimated to the flyswatter. Don't worry if there is a little back sliding, it's part of the process. Keep up the good work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (06-13-2014)

Way to go, Daisy! Thanks for the link. It looks promising and I have signed up for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Halcyon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Way to go, Daisy! Thanks for the link. It looks promising and I have signed up for it.
    Me too! I've already watched video 1 and 2!

WTG Daisy! Thanks for the link

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Thelove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Labradorks View Post
    That sounds awesome! The funny thing about labs, in my experience, is that sometimes they go a long time and it doesn't seem like they are getting it. Then one day, there it is! They retain information for a long time and process it even when you think they are not. It's pretty cool. Lunging at the squirrels and ducks, probably more impulse control than a behavioral issue. That takes time and maturity. And lots of leave its. Have you taught Daisy the "look" or "watch me" commands? My dogs will pay attention around ponds but it's not easy. Mostly, they want to go into the water. One of my dogs pulled me in when he was younger.
    Are look and watch me different? I have taught Daisy "look" which has been very helpful-- but when we walked by a pond yesterday she only has eyes for the water.
    Haha, I would love to see you get pulled into the water! And that is why I still use a Halti most of the time

Water is something Maxx loves, he tends to ignore me when he sees water. I use the "look" command and he will reluctantly comply, water is a huge temptation for him. Thanks for the link, recall training is lifelong, IMHO.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Is anybody going to buy Susan Garrett's Recaller's 5.0 class?
    Daisy is a little reactive - I'm still trying to figure out exactly what gets her all worked up-- (today it was my dad in a hat carrying a computer) but I wonder if this $399 6 month course would help? Does anyone have experience with this course?? I'm probably going to bite the bullet and spend the money but it would help if anybody can share there good experiences with the program.

House Broken
    Right here..Moses is obsessed with water.
    I looked for this (Brilliantrecalls.com ) but could not locate it .
    Been practicing recall with Moses from day 1.(Moses is 11 months) ..Recall is tough have good and bad days
    Can you get the attachment in here ..? (Brilliantrecalls.com ) the more info I know the better

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos