Do you collect Air Miles?

I just read an article on CBC that any miles earned prior to 2012 will expire at the end of this year. We aren't huge collectors but have a few put away. You can login and request a report of your expiring miles. They emailed me the report with in the day.

I am glad I checked as nearly half of ours are set to expire. Looks like I have to find a reward to cash in on before the end of the year.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I just read an article on CBC that any miles earned prior to 2012 will expire at the end of this year. We aren't huge collectors but have a few put away. You can login and request a report of your expiring miles. They emailed me the report with in the day.

I am glad I checked as nearly half of ours are set to expire. Looks like I have to find a reward to cash in on before the end of the year.
    Is this for any credit card and any airline or just specific to yours?
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yes, OH has his reward picked out, just needs a few more air miles. Get this though, I use his card so I contribute to them whenever I buy groceries and some other things. Yet he wants a fancy camera, Another fancy camera. And to top it off he figures he will die first so then I can use the camera, but apparently not while he's still using it. I miss that roll eyes smilie.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by doubledip1 View Post
    Is this for any credit card and any airline or just specific to yours?
    It's just for the Air Miles program and I am not sure if it is specific to Canada or elsewhere. When you log into Air Miles you can go into your profile and request a statement of expiration for your miles.

Snowshoe, we are currently having the same type of debate in our house as we both collect them. I wanted to rent a convertible Mustang in Vegas on our next trip except all of the places Air Miles work at are nowhere near the main strip so we might look at something else.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

We do, our accounts are linked. Several years ago I got Jays tickets, the Angels were in town. Down the line a little past first and about ten rows up. Not bad seats, not an option now. I don't see anything we really need. The dash cam would be cool but better ones are out there. Some 'deals' really aren't. A $100 Foodland/Sobeys' gift card for 50 miles + $95? I guess we could convert Dream Miles to cash miles to use at checkout.

ETA: A $50 voucher on Delta Airlines might be good because we travel in the States and usually fly Delta.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Sounds good!
    Good luck.

We cash in at magsformiles when we have low balances on airlines we don't normally use. That's how we "buy" all of our magazines.

I travel internationally for work a few times a year so I earn about enough miles to pay for my personal travel (for personal travel I usually only fly to visit my family on the other side of the country - otherwise I prefer road trips so the dog can come along). It's a nice perk for all of the hours spent traveling for work, but I don't go out of the way to earn miles with credit cards or anything. I prefer my amazon.com visa since we buy so much stuff from them and every month I have $$ credit.
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos