Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Frustrated

Just need to vent for a second.

Jake and I have been moved into our new house for a little over 2 weeks now. It has been wonderful, minus a few bumps in the road. We had a lot of trouble with our internet connection-lots of time spent on the phone with customer service all to find out that the guy who initially installed our internet didn't push the cable in all the way. Then we had our AC go out during 90+ degree days with nearly 100% humidity. Turns out our furnace fan decided to die, so no cool air was circulating the house (we knew our furnace was bad, $ was taken off the purchase price and we are buying a new one soon). Thankfully Jake's dad was able to do a temporary fix so we can all stay cool. Then, to top it all off, 2 weeks before our move, I called the garbage pickup company that handles our town (one of them) and told them our move in date. They then told me that they couldn't get carts out to us until Monday July 11 (we moved in July 1), which is understandable. Well, we didn't get carts Monday, or yesterday. This means the bags of garbage in the garage and all of the boxes continue to sit. I am now waiting for them to open up to give them a piece of my mind. When I talked to them yesterday, they apologized, saying there were lots of carts to deliver in my area and that they just didn't get to me, that they would be delivered by 630PM Tuesday. But nothing today. GRRR!!! I just want to be able to put my garbage in a can so I can get my house clean and the way I want it!

Vent over.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

With all the moves we made while I was in the Air Force, I can feel your pain! All I can say is be patient and remember these are things things you'll talk about and laugh about in the years to come!!!

I have learned that most businesses operate at the speed of smell. It took over 6 weeks to get our 4 kitchen appliances delivered to our new house. Paitence is the key. But sometimes you just have to kick some ear!
    Hang in there and hug Bacon!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

I definitely feel your pain. I can laugh now but my garbage story when I moved into my current house. I called the company that the neighbors recommended. The prior owner used them, the person next door and across the street currently use them. When i called the lady I talked to said sorry we do not pick up trash in your area. Which I told her about my neighbors and the prior owner. She then told me oh well they must be old customers we do not plan on renewing them when it's time. We will no longer be picking up there. So I told my neighbors this, which alarmed them. So they called, and whoever they got on the phone knew nothing of this and said no this was not the case and they plan on picking up for many years to come. So I called back again, same lady. Nope sorry we don't pick up there. I did end up finally calling a different trash service. Which came in and offered trash at a lower price to everyone on the street, about half switched to the new service. Meanwhile my neighbors let me put my trash in with theirs so it wouldn't stink.

On a side note. When I moved in all the paperwork was there that said my air conditioner and furnace was installed in 2003. I have been having all kinds of issues with my air conditioner over last couple years. I had them come out again this year and they said furnace and air conditioner were installed in the early 90s. So on my list to replace this year.

It's hard enough to move much less to have all those problems. Hang in there, most of us have been through this.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Called the garbage company for the 3rd time. They have no idea why they haven't come yet. They will try to get out today, but then they aren't in my city until Friday again. They said Friday for sure. ARGH!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

As you know we just moved too - and our garbage cans were delivered right away, it shocked me to actually see them. What threw the wrench in the works is that I found out they only do recycling pickup every other week. Which, when you have a million boxes from moving, new appliances, etc, means our garage is currently filled with recyclables that will take months to dispose of. Good luck!
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Moving is such a blessing and a curse! We also just moved and it took us 3 weeks to get internet and so much time on the phone. Let's just say I got a lot of reading done during that time...

Probably instead should have been focused on unpacking since that is an area that has been stalled for a few weeks now.

Good luck!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

House Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyThor View Post
    As you know we just moved too - and our garbage cans were delivered right away, it shocked me to actually see them. What threw the wrench in the works is that I found out they only do recycling pickup every other week. Which, when you have a million boxes from moving, new appliances, etc, means our garage is currently filled with recyclables that will take months to dispose of. Good luck!
    Check and see if they have a bulk or large item pick up day. You might be able to get rid of them then. Our little town does on the third Friday of every month. We just have to call and schedule and let them know what they will be picking up.

Ahh, the joys of moving into a new home. Hope your trash service gets established soon. Our shock when we moved into our home was- no trash service available! I finally found a neighbor about 1/2 mile away willing to share their dumpster with us.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos