Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Best Friend Retriever

Rocco is not happy

It's 92° here, and Rocco doesn't like it one bit, even our daily walk down the road to the vacant farm was abbreviated, house has air conditioning, that may work into his attitude some.
    How's everybody else doing with the heatwave?

Real Retriever
    Ummmm, not to rub your nose in it but in the Pacific NW it's cloudy and maybe gonna get to 75....sorry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piper'sMom For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (07-25-2016)

House Broken Sadie and Cooper's mom's Avatar
    It's hot here, 99 degrees. Cooper went swimming in the pool and Sadie is chilling in the air conditioning.
    Hidden Content
    Cooper, Sadie, and Joan

My weatherclip app says it's 97 where I am. I just had the dogs outside playing in their baby pool for a bit with the water running from a nearby faucet. They were in full on play mode for a little bit, since they could jump in and out to cool off. Chase likes to lie down and flop around like a fish on a line. Lark jumps in and out, digs at the bottom, sticks her snout under, but no way she's going to lie down. In addition to air conditioning, we usually have some fans going, just to help circulate the air some- it's an old house, and now they're sacked out in front of a fan waiting until their internal alarms go off in 43 minutes.

Archie is definitely not a fan of the hot weather. I'll go out for a little gardening, in shady areas, and he'll come out with me but it doesn't take long for him to lay down in the shade on the cool grass. AC inside is what he is definitely more comfortable in. It's upper 90s with high humidity today. Hopefully this weather will start cooling down a little tomorrow, at least with less humidity. Every evening he gets his pool time in the baby pool.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    It's a nice 114 in Vegas, 20 mph southernly "breeze." BUT, it's a dry heat and so is an oven!

We cleaned the pool this morning and went swimming.

I think Death Valley was going up to 122 today, so it's not so bad here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

ZoeysMommy (07-25-2016)

House Broken
    It's right at 100F here. I tried to take Chief and Duke for a run/walk this morning before it got too warm. We made it about half a mile before they were ready to head back home. I think they forget how hot it is and are always begging to play. I get home form work around 10:00, so its usually cool enough to get 30 minutes of fetch and tug o' war in. Lately, they have been letting me know when playtime is over unlike when its cool outside and I have to make them stop playing.

I feel bad because I leave them outside during the day. We have a nice carport and plenty of shade; I bought them a fan and leave them lots of water. I just hate thinking of leaving them locked inside for 10 hours a day.

Senior Dog
    It’s about 100 here ... dogs are bored to tears. Too hot to play outside, too boring inside. They’re playing with each other in the other room right now.
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

It was 33.4C (~92F) here the other day but the humidex was 40 or 41 (~105F) WE are going out early, shorter walks and picking places with lots of trees for shade. We all feel it, even inside with the AC on the air feels heavy and my head is foggy. And the STINK. I had to water some things outside and the socks inside my rubber boots were just gagging when I took them off. Still, I don't get it, there is fresh, cool water inside for Oban to drink but he prefers the pail outside.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Best Friend Retriever
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    It was 33.4C (~92F) here the other day but the humidex was 40 or 41 (~105F) WE are going out early, shorter walks and picking places with lots of trees for shade. We all feel it, even inside with the AC on the air feels heavy and my head is foggy. And the STINK. I had to water some things outside and the socks inside my rubber boots were just gagging when I took them off. Still, I don't get it, there is fresh, cool water inside for Oban to drink but he prefers the pail outside.
    Especially if that outside pail has been sitting there from yesterday, I just shake my head.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos