Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bittersweet Brews and Bugs

Aye Mates,
    As many of ye know we have been planning a breeding o' TRAD X MAGGIE for some time now. I got the call from her owner Norm on 7/15/16 saying MAGGIE was coming into her cycle and he would be coming down from New Hampshire with TRAD'S new flame MAGGIE.

TTF BIRCH BRANCH MAGGIE

Long story short, MAGGIE was having none of it despite 19 seperate efforts made over several days. TRAD on the other hand was a lust crazed Lad with the strength of a bull on steroids each time he was taken to her for pairing.

HR TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD JH

We opted to do a progesterone testing and a vaginal smear cytology study to see if MAGGIE'S cycle had gone by and in fact it had. So much to me own frustration and surely to TRAD'S, we bid farewell to MAGGIE this morn, no pups coming this time around.

MAGGIE is owned by a commercial lobsterman (Norm) who graciously brought down a cooler filled with 18 lobsters for the efforts put forth in our tending to MAGGIE as he had entrusted her into me care. Me Lads Bill, Rick, and Steve had all pitched in to help in the breeding process, our efforts unfortunately going fruitless. Me gunning Mate Bill helped me everyday and graciously met me at the kennel today with a gift o' the dark brew in hand. Truth be told, both the "BUGS" (lobsters) and the BREWS (Guinness) were deeply appreciated but alas a bittersweet concession considering we have no pups coming to show for all efforts made. We will surely try again during MAGGIE'S next cycle whilst using all of the tools veterinary medicine can provide to make it happen.

Prospective TRAD X MAGGIE pup owner and me gunning Mate (Bill) helps loading and dividing "BUGS" which I opted to share with himself and me Mates Rick, Steve, and Nancy.

Dinner tonight will be a bittersweet meal of "BUGS and BREWS", a tough pill to swallow but somebody must do so. :-)
    May need to break out me whistles tonight and play some "Irish Blues" (slow airs). Me tinks I may compose one called "FAREWELL TO MAGGIE" with bittersweet tears in me eyes.

Slan go foill,
    IRISHWHISTLER
    Last edited by IRISHWISTLER; 07-26-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (07-26-2016), JackK (07-26-2016), Scoutpout (07-26-2016)

Senior Dog
    Sorry it didn’t work out. Chloe was bred with a side by side artificial insemination because she wasn’t about to have any of that nonsense with a boy she just met
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annette47 For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (07-26-2016), labsnewfy (07-27-2016)

We've done side by sides before too. Or plain old AI's. Good luck next time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (07-26-2016)

thats a let down, for you and the other folks looking for pups from that match! ah well hopefully she's a 5 or 6-month girl, and next time you'll be armed with all the procedures necessary!
    Boy is she ever fit in that photo!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoutpout For This Useful Post:

Mike I feel your pain. Isn't it funny how two dogs can meet on the street, mount, get a perfect tie, release and go their merry way? You would figure it would be a very simple process. My friend in the UK would call me and have me come help when he had a maiden bitch come to one of his dogs, sometimes it would take hours and hours before you had success, and like you in this case, no success.

Maggie does look in excellent condition!!! Tell TRAD to be patient, I'm sure it will be worth his wait!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Thanks to all o' ye and the kind words expressed. A bump in the road, back at it next heat cycle!

Cheers,
    TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Maybe Maggie just wants to pursue her career right now and not think about raising babies

She is a pretty girl maybe next time for Trad if he brings flowers and treats her to a nice dinner first.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

13. The Following User Says Thank You to labsnewfy For This Useful Post:

ArchieSit (07-27-2016)

Did you have the Barry White CD playing?
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (07-28-2016)

Maggie is a looker, for sure. I've always thought TRAD was a handsome guy. Does TRAD throw yellows?

Well, nature always has a reason. Sorry for the delay... but just a delay. There'll be a litter on the ground sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by TuMicks View Post
    Maggie is a looker, for sure. I've always thought TRAD was a handsome guy. Does TRAD throw yellows?

Well, nature always has a reason. Sorry for the delay... but just a delay. There'll be a litter on the ground sooner or later.
    TuMicks,
    Not sure if TRAD will throw yellow or not as I have not done the test to determine color. TRAD is out of a yellow Dam and he is from a litter of yellows and blacks. We will get there, just not as soon as hoped.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos