Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom Buddy

Bathroom Buddy

Most of have a bathroom buddy in the form of a four pawed furkid.

This guy/girl showed up a few days ago. Stayed in the same place for so long I figured it had perished. Grabbed a tissue and went to remove it and off it scooted into a little crack at the corner of the baseboard. Asked DH to remove him and DH refused. Said he saw the spider catch a little black ant. Now all I can think about is a catacomb filled with little ant corpses.

As long as it stays in it's spot, which is uncomfortably close to the toilet, I'm OK letting him be the exterminator.

Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Blackboy98 (08-22-2016), Scoutpout (08-21-2016)

i currently have one of those on the bedroom ceiling. Aside from having to stop thinking about the middle of the night dropseys.... i'd rather s/he stay and eat the annoying little moths that i've been on a mission to rid the house of. Think they came in with a batch of bird seed. Silly birds do absolutely nothing to help either-you'd think they wouldnt appreciate having flying insects in their cages, but they could apparently care less.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Senior Dog
    I usually allow spiders to stay where they are. I'd be watching my ankles the whole time I was in your bathroom, though. (shudder)

We had a little spider that took up residence in the overflow hole in the bathroom sink and would venture out and sit in the sink. My husband did not want me to clean the sink so that I wouldn't scare the spider away. It was pretty tiny and not especially scary, but the day soon came that I just couldn't let the sink go uncleaned any longer. I mean, seriously? The spider relocated, I didn't kill it or catch it, but my husband was not happy. Oh good grief, "Charlotte" is probably just living up beside the medicine cabinet or somewhere! He knows I always use the catch and release method anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    We had a little spider that took up residence in the overflow hole in the bathroom sink and would venture out and sit in the sink. My husband did not want me to clean the sink so that I wouldn't scare the spider away. It was pretty tiny and not especially scary, but the day soon came that I just couldn't let the sink go uncleaned any longer. I mean, seriously? The spider relocated, I didn't kill it or catch it, but my husband was not happy. Oh good grief, "Charlotte" is probably just living up beside the medicine cabinet or somewhere! He knows I always use the catch and release method anyway.
    Sounds like me!!!!!!!!!
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

Here is my bathroom buddy.......

I was expecting an Archie story.

They eat ants? Never have seen them do that but they are welcome to the ants, except they should move to the kitchen if it's ants they want to eat. Yeah, we do "catch and release" too but I wonder what a house spider thinks of being dumped outside, especially in winter.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    I wonder what a house spider thinks of being dumped outside, especially in winter.
    Yeah, that has actually crossed my mind, too, but that hasn't made me decide to go put them in the basement or somewhere else in the house. I figure they have a better chance fending for themselves in the wild than they do squashed on the floor.

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    That spider is one of the super-fast-moving ones that typically hide in a crevice. I wouldn't want one to come running toward me, especially if I'm "indisposed" lol

We had a small house spider make a home in the corner behind the door of the washroom. He was pretty far from the toilet and stayed in his web like a good little nope, so we kept him and named him Frankie.
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

TT120 I like your little bathroom buddy better I don't like spiders I was bite by one on the side of my face as a kid and had to get a shot in the bum, not to mention the webs I can't stand running though them. I know they are useful but if I find one in my house I get it out.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos