Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Crappy way to start off the morning.

Woke up this morning to an indoor swimming pool in my kitchen! Something happened in the apt above me, that caused a pipe to leak! Been dealing with this since 7:30! There was water all over the place and it smelled nasty as well! Emma thought "o cool dad got me a pool inside the house". This is the second leak this week from that apt! The first was that her AC was set so cold that it froze and when it melted all that water came down through my living room window.

And I thought I was going to able to go to the fathers day antique market! I can't wait till I buy my own house and don't have to deal with other people issues causing me problems!

Sorry just venting

Bummer!
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Ewwww! I'd asked for the complex to move me!

sorry about your morning, hope your day ends better than it started

Put some serious pressure on apt mngmt since that could be bad mojo for mold and other health issues. If they don't help you tell them that you are going to contact the city health dept and then see what happens.

That's horrible. Is a lot of your stuff ruined? Did someone come out and professionally clean it? (charged to the landlord of course). I hope your day goes better.

Nancy

The base boards are soaked as well as the bottom of the cabinets, but that's about it. thankfully none of my stuff is ruined. The maintenance people came and shut the water off so its no longer leaking. And a plumper should be going to the other apt soon to fix the pipe. I was able to clear out most of the water with my shop vac and they brought in a big fan to help dry things out. I'm going into the office tomorrow to talk to someone about this, to make sure they get someone in there to professionally clean up/check for any other damage

That's not good!!

Funny, you said you can't wait to buy your own house so neighbors don't affect your living space but my first thought as a homeowner was "that sucks, but at least the landlord has to pay to have it fixed!" Ha! That is still a bummer though, especially if it's dirty water. Eww! Glad there wasn't much damage to your stuff.

Senior Dog
    Sorry to hear about the start of your day. Definitely tough dealing with others, plus possibly landlords as well. With your own, yep you would have to pay, but you sure would have made sure you acted at first sight of a problem. Which seems the other tenants failed to do, ruining your morning.

Put a big red star on your calendar for this date. Give you incentive to make that move to your own place. Big check in the pro column to getting your own place.

KAZ

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos