Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How would your dogs react. . .

. . .if an off leash dog came charging over to them while they were on leash? Just curious.

Ava is reactive so she would not like it.

Sam is happy go lucky. Sam doesn't have enough sense to protect himself and he wouldn't know if it was good or bad when the dog ran up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ckfalz For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

It has happened a handful of times to Huckleberry. Two times he growled. The only times I have ever seen him growl. The other 3 times he didn't react at all. Not sure what the difference was but for some reason he felt more threatened I guess those two times.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LindaMayRee For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

Emma would freak, Maxx could care less. Maxx has no sense and believes every dog is a potential best friend. If they charged him snarling his goofy grin would still be there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

Oscar would love it. He's in love with every dog. He's been the off-leash charger before (ugh). Only a couple times with the other dog on-leash. Thankfully, the other dogs reacted fine. He charges when we get to the dog park where all dogs are off-leash. Mixed results. I need to get better voice control of him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jjswengb For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

Just happened sun on a walk in our neighborhood. A rottie came charging out at us. My boys we're all so well behaved. Mind you the Rottie was growling hackles up snarling. I screamed at the dog to go home and stomped around. I was upset cause about a year ago a rottie next to me got loose and killed my other neighbors dog. That dog is now no longer. So was I upset, heck yes. However my boys were calm cool and collect. Not fair with 3 on a leash and one loose. However I'm sure my pack is intimidating. All ended well this time, but next time calling cops and citing them for dog running at large!

mine were leashed btw

11. The Following User Says Thank You to My4blacklabs For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

I asked because Charlie reacted (barking lunging) and Niner just pulled me to go see the dog. I didn't know if the dog was friendly so I am sure my fear went right through the leashes. It was in front of our house and I wonder too if Charlie was protecting his property. I put the boys in the back and went to go find the loose dog because I had a hunch where he lived. I found him - he was super sweet and I think he just wanted to meet dumb and dumber. He never got too close to them (never growled or barked) and ran off because Charlie was being an idiot. I feel kind of bad now even though mine were on leash and the other guy was off and came charging toward my two.

Sam would be ok with it. He's kind of clueless and thinks everybody is his friend! My dog before Sam would have freaked. Her hackles would have gone up and she probably would have started a fight.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgia For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

Mac loves other dogs, but if one came charging out, I think his hackles would be up and he'd be ready for a fight.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to classiq For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

This JUST happened to us tonight. We were passing a house with our girl who is uncomfortable meeting dogs on leash. A chocolate lab and a small breed dog came charging out of the house right at us. It scared me because I wasn't expecting it. And since Mia was on leash and there were 2 dogs running at us I wasn't sure how things would pan out. She did a warning growl but hackles were not up and there was no teeth baring. If everyone was off-leash she would've run around playing...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeps83 For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-21-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos