Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Rain

Best Friend Retriever

No Rain

They just said on tv we're 7" below average rainfall here, that's a lot of missing water, pond is down 12-16".
    Also the in-ground yellow jackets must love the dry dirt, keep running into new nests, and they're nasty,
    Rocco hates them too.
    Hope it's better at your place.

Not sure which part of Ohio you are in but here in SW Ohio we are plenty wet. Not braggin, I'm just sayin.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Ugh I think we've gotten 7 inches of rain in the month of August. I have never seen grass so green at this time of year. Our yard is so soft that we keep sinking in a little when we walk. It's disgusting. It doesn't ever seem to dry out so there's tons of mushrooms and molds and everything else around. Sorry you're having a drought though. Hopefully it can rain a little for you.

We've been pretty dry rain wise, and off the hook humidity wise. When it does rain it only makes the humidity worse.

I'm in southwest Ontario.

We have two rain barrels and can store about 110 gallons (about 415 liters) of rainwater. In late May, then again in early June, our barrels were essentially empty. In six years we have never come close to that extremity. Each time we were blessed with just enough rain to get through.

Since August 13 we have gotten about 4.7" of rain. That's about 50% above the entire monthly average for my location. (I'm a COCORaHS observer so the data are at my fingertips. ) Most of that rain fell in quick heavy bursts. It would be good to dry out a little now.

Hope you get some rain.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Best Friend Retriever
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Not sure which part of Ohio you are in but here in SW Ohio we are plenty wet. Not braggin, I'm just sayin.
    Send some up north. LOL
    I realize it's not everybody, think I was just complaining cause it was another day with 80% chance of thunderstorms and got none.
    I feel sorry for the farmers here, even the mature trees are drying.

Best Friend Retriever
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeps83 View Post
    Ugh I think we've gotten 7 inches of rain in the month of August. I have never seen grass so green at this time of year. Our yard is so soft that we keep sinking in a little when we walk. It's disgusting. It doesn't ever seem to dry out so there's tons of mushrooms and molds and everything else around. Sorry you're having a drought though. Hopefully it can rain a little for you.
    Thanks.
    Been in your state a few times, used to tour on a motorcycle, have fond memories.

Welcome to my world though I'd not trade it for SE MI where I grew up for nothing... (they are getting plenty of rain btw). 6-8" annually is all we get naturally but have good irrigation supplies typically. My field has ~30" of water applied by my estimate annually.
    But yes to the yellowjackets. I tried some eradication techniques on Sunday... not sure I was as successful as I wished but made some progress. I got stung 2x the past few weeks...
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

We are 2" in think they said below average of rain this past month. It has been hot and humid. Unfortunately with the flood last year and the health of my big shade trees we had to have them taken out, so we have felt the heat of the sun more this year. I also have 3 rain barrels 2 - 50gal and 1 - 25gal they have ran dry twice this year, thankfully to see something good in everything we haven't (knock on wood) had any problems with yellow jackets.

I hope that those that need rain get a couple little showers and those with too much find some nice sunny days
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

Looks like we will see some rain this weekend...
    Charlie and Burton

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos