Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Dog

ok, I'm here again

hi guys- bett here. not particularly happy these days. hurricane hermine (long story, but my sis that i have no contact with is hermine) has been wrecking havoc on the old ankle. to add to my joy, nick just had the new type of cataract surgery -bladeless, only laser , and is seeing better but not perfect, yet. and the topper is, he now, since needing a physical before the cataracts, seems to have A-fibs, and the meds (toprol) that he was taking for extra heartbeats, is now from 25 mg up to 100 mgs and not doing squat. so, off fri to cardio doc and then i believe to an electrophysiologist who may want to "paddle" him back to normal sinus rhythm (don't know why it's called that and not even sure sinus is spelled correctly when referring to the heart). he i hope, doesnt need an ablation which is kind of where they go in thru the groin and cauterize part of the heart. and his echo-which was not the regular echo-showed that the upper chambers are not pumping (not the right word again) at the percentage they should be (maybe at 40% instead of 50%) but the thallium stress test was perfect. pumped right, no blockages, so to say i've had ENOUGH is kind of putting it mildly.
    and oh yeah, his boss sold the store to a guy who never was a butcher but went to culinary school and labor day weekend when they should be sooooo busy, they weren't and no one there seems terribly worried. except me, as nick has been hardly working but was working a bit. we don't know where this is going but i would feel horrid if nick now would have to look for part time work (all he wants) in a prime butcher shop, as not that many really exist.
    so, all in all, I'm one cranky beast.

jake continues to struggle with LP, on lots of chinese herbs which knock on wood, have been helping his spinster issue. a few accidents but not terrible. my boy is senile, takes herbs for that.happy? cant tell , sleeps lots, eats, but is losing a bit of weight each month. not skinny, and anxious to eat, like any labby. so, i look into his eyes and ask him "are you ready?". he hasnt answered.
    so, onward and forward until i know it's time.
    too sad, is all i can say.

anyway, wanted to stop by and tell you what's doing and hope sooner than later i don't sound like such a downer .like, isn't it enough already?

drs think I'm super, pt thinks I'm super, and I'm told the pain will subside. WHEN DAMMIT?

ok, no more rants.
    im ok.
    hope all here are fine and try not to forget me. i will try and be my humorous self (andrew, are you listening?) and get back sooner than later.
    hugs to my pals.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bett For This Useful Post:

Mr Kleb (09-06-2016), Scoutpout (09-06-2016)

Always happy for your return!

The butcher we use locally says the summer has been really slow and they are hopeful that things will pick up now that the summer vacation season is over. We thought summer would be great because who doesn't want to grill, but according to them, no. This place is pretty small, has only been open about a year and they're really hopeful business will pick up. I buy pretty much all my meat and poultry there but we do try to eat fish once in a while. It has been fun to try cuts that are never available in a regular grocery store- culotte steaks, hangar steaks, flat iron. Tonight I'm doing an outside skirt.

You spelled sinus correctly. If they do the paddles (cardioversion) I hope it corrects the rhythm and it holds. Finding the right med can be tricky. If he was in afib during the echo, the upper chambers would likely not be pumping efficiently. That's one reason to get back to a normal sinus rhythm, so they pump together rather than sort of randomly.

We don't forget you here! Every once in a while someone will mention you, such as a mention of George Zimmerman or the like, so you are often in our thoughts. Hugs to you, too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

So good to hear from you!

Have not been to an independent butcher in years; none close. Sure remember going regularly to the one in Savannah. Their meat was so good. But not that I can't eat red meat guess it doesn't matter too much.

Sorry about Nick's problems. Hopefully that can be straightened out. Seems like it's never ending, going to the doctor. I "think" after an appointment this week, I don't have to go to another darn doctor until January - YEAH!

Sending mojo and prayers for Jake. It's to hard when age and problems plague their lives.

Glad to hear you are doing very well. My hip gets cranky when the weather is bad but not that it bothers me too much. Still have a small area that is slightly numb; whether that improves with time, who knows. Does not bother me.

Don't stay away so long. Think about you often and wonder how you and the family is doing.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

Nice to see you back Betty. So much going on for you guys, I know it's tough but keep your head up!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

Wishing you and your family (2 and 4 legged) all good things, and sunnier, less stressful days ahead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dxboon For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

Good to hear this from you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosy For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

So good to hear from you Bett. God has granted both Gabe and me with good health for which I am so grateful. Hope the drs can get Nick purring like a kitten and in full health soon.

Your ever faithful Jake, as you say is not ready to leave you.

As we can see by the many posts we have had a puppy explosion here. It's so good when we have new members and new dogs, of any age or type.

Hope to hear from you on a more regular basis, if possible- if not I will call for you like I did last time.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackboy98 For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

House Broken
    Lawrence, KS (formerly in Topeka 50+ yrs)
    Wishing everyone in your home feels better soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Pr. For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

Senior Dog
    Thanks for checking in, Betty. I'm so sorry for all of your trials and tribulations! We definitely miss you here; come back when you can.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

Good to know you are still percolating but wish you felt a little perkier. So many of us here with good wishes for you, Nick and the dogs and it just isn't working, at least not fast enough. More good wishes anyway.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

bett (09-09-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos