Thread: Dog People

Dog People

There is a local huge outlet mall which I frequent regularly. Easiest place to enter, to the stores I go to the most, is through Bass Pro. I'm always looking as they welcome well behaved dogs. Today was no exception. Met a beautiful black lab named Captain. Got to chatting with the owner and he's a therapy dog, goes to nursing homes.

Of course, that started a 20 minute discussion about all our dogs and the phones with pictures were shared. I've yet to meet a dog or owner in Bass Pro who is not the nicest people, and dogs, always willing to chat and share experiences. I find it very uplifting and the love and compassion they have really touches me.

Just had to share.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (09-11-2016), Sandra (09-12-2016)

I know what you mean Fran. We stopped by the local grocery store this afternoon and the Lion Club was there selling raffle tickets to support a guide dog organization. It lead to a 15 minute conversation about Labs. Would have been longer but DW was putting the stink eye on me!

Nice. We don't have a Bass Pro near us but it's always great to hear such stories.

Around here, Cabela's won't let you take your dog inside. Sportsman's Warehouse does. We don't have a Bass Pro Shop yet.

Best Friend Retriever
    Rocco and I go to our outlet mall just to meet people; here's the way he explains it:
    there's nice people (oh, what a cute dog), and there's dog people (the folks that stop, rub your belly, permit you to wrap leash around their feet, etc.)..

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos