Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poor dog

poor dog

I'm watching my friends dog for the week. She is the one I told not to get a lab and they do nothing with her. They are gone all day and shes basically crated all the time shes out for a little bit at night when they are home but a majority of the time is spent in the crate. She even said, when I asked how long shes ok to be in the crate for, since I leave at 730 and my husband doesn't get home until 2, shes like we leave her 12 hours and she is fine. I mean I know it happens I've had to leave my dogs when things came up for that long but not on a daily basis.

They have totally ruined this poor dog. She is skitzy of everything and so anxious. She doesn't settle she just pants and paces and paces and whines. Shes been to my house before a bunch of times since she was little so its not that shes not used to the house or the dogs. She plays with my dogs and enjoys running in the yard. `I can't even go down to do laundry without out freaking out and going balistic trying to get to me. They created a monster. I have to say she does know her commands and listens very well so they did follow my training advice.

Monster the little chihuahua, who is only 8lbs puts her in her place its so funny.

I bet with time that behavior would subside. Problem is she's only with you for a short time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tims229 For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (09-20-2016)

Why would anyone think this would a good life for a Lab, or any dog for that matter? It makes me sad.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Maxx&Emma (09-19-2016), sheltieluver (09-18-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tims229 View Post
    I bet with time that behavior would subside. Problem is she's only with you for a short time.
    Oh I know it would. When we adopted our lab 2 years ago he had severe anxiety. I spent a lot of time with a trainer and alit of time working with him to get it under control. He's now about 90 percent better.

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    Why would anyone think this would a good life for a Lab, or any dog for that matter? It makes me sad.
    I know and when she was talking about getting another lab I told her that I wouldn't BC she's not home hardly at all and they don't even have a yard to let her run.

Poor pup!

If they want another dog to keep in a "box" tell them to get a ceramic one. That's no way to treat a dog.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (09-18-2016)

Poor little girl. Is there anyway they would consider turning her over to rescue or letting you, if you were willing, find her another home?
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    I don't understand this either. It's like ppl getting a dog and tying them to tree outside.
    Mocha & Latte are alone for 4-5 hours at a time, Latte is in her expen but we have a pet sitter who comes by at noon and gives them potty break, plays with outside, feeds them. I'm usually home by 5 and we play/train/romp till bedtime.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

It seems to some people a dog is just an object, not a living, thinking, emotional animal. Dogs, especially labs are companion dogs, both in need of and giving.

This dog needs to be rehomed to save her from the rest of her life of torment and neglect.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

Poor dog. Why is the dog in a crate for 12 hours when she leaves at 7:30 and husband is home by 2? That's only 6 1/2 hours and isn't a big deal at all, do they just leave her crated when someone is home?

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos