What a Well Behaved Dog, NOT

I guess I should have anticipated this. OH, Oban and I drove to my sister's to deliver some food for her barbeque but we didn't stay because of my *&^%$%#@**** migraine. I just zipped in with the food and said hello to the other guests while OH waited outside with Oban.

Oban barked, yelped, cried, lunged, dragged OH around. He made so much fuss with his carrying on Sis's neighbour kindly came out to see if he was all right. She asked if Oban could have a dog biscuit (from the stash they keep on hand for Sis's dog) and OH wisely said no, for fear he couldn't keep Oban from knocking her flying.

Sis, her husband and most of her husband's siblings and I all went to the same high school so we know each other and some went out to say hello to OH and couldn't get near him for Oban's atrocious behaviour. The one who was in my class is afraid of dogs and stayed well away with his belief that when owners owners say, "He's friendly" they are not to be trusted confirmed by the horrible big, black dog.

I should have guessed Oban would be upset. He goes to Sis's lots, often with only me and just couldn't understand why I would go inside without him. Oban loves my sister, he wanted to see her, and everybody. Of course as soon as I went out he calmed down but the fellow who was in my class still didn't go near him.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Sounds like separation anxiety to me-no, not really just kidding. I think with the change in weather a lot of dogs seem to be more eager to use up some of the energy they stored up during the hot months.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

Senior Dog
    Passion can be out of control....

He was probably all ramped up when you got there; it started long before you got out of the car. He wanted his way, to greet everyone.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos