FitBit - anyone use/used one?

I did a search and didn't find this topic - sorry if it has already been discussed!

I just learned about Fitbit and wondering who uses one and which one you have? I signed up for the free app for now, though I imagine that isn't as accurate. But it's linked up to My Fitness Pal to get a read for where I'm at on the health front.

I don't have a FitBit but I do use the Jawbone Up band. I recently ordered a new one that is coming out in September called the Healbe GoBe. It's a bit more expensive but sounds more intuitive. I won't have to track anything--it'll do it all for me. Like with the Up band I have to tell it I'm going to sleep or that I've woken up in the morning, but this one "knows" it and can sense the amount of calories you're eating/drinking without having to enter it into a program. I'm hopeful it works. I'm getting kind of bored with the Up band at this point.

I have a Fitbit Flex. To me, it is just a pedometer that has a bigger following than it deserves. I had to adjust the stride length a few times to get it to accurately measure my steps. The one good thing about it is that you can build a network and track your progress as compared to your friends/family. That helps if you are motivated by the competition.
    I also have the Bodymedia Fit. I am going to look for the charger and start using that again. It seems to more accurately measure activity.

House Broken
    I have the Flex. It's good to monitor how active I am during the day, but that's about it. I do link it to MyFitnessPal.

I have the Force and like it a lot. I also got one for my husband and he wears his every day. I find it to be very accurate and also like the idea I have it synced with my smart phone. I find myself trying to beat my goal and the battery lasts a week. The only downside is the clasp. In the beginning it is a little stiff and I read somewhere to put the end with the holes in it in warm water for a few seconds before putting it on. It softens it enough to snap into place and that helped a lot. After a few wears it gets "broken in" and I didn't have to do it anymore. Also be careful it snaps into place when you clasp it as mine has fallen off a couple of times. I would recommend it though and would buy it again if I had to the chance to do over.

I bought a FitBit about a year ago and I like it. I bought it primarily because of the sleep monitoring, but that feature wasn't what I thought it would be and turned out the be interesting information but not very helpful. I used the FitBit in conjunction with the Runtastic app and they were both very close as far as accuracy.

Funny story. I traveled from Ohio to CA for business and was curious how many steps I took through the airport and it being on the plane would make any difference. When I got to CA, it said I had only take like 800 steps all day! I thought maybe the altitude messed it up or something. But then I realized that the FitBit was set on Eastern time. By the time I got to CA, it was past midnight EST so it reset to 0.

Puppy
    I have the Flex and liked it for monitoring my steps during the day, but I don't think it's very accurate. I think some general arm movements when I'm sitting down count as steps, and I know it wasn't monitoring my sleep correctly. To do it again, I would not buy it.

I have the Force, but be aware that it's been recalled and they're no longer making it. It was causing an allergic reactionary rash for some people. I've had no issues, but a lady at work actually has scarring from hers. I love it, other than the lousy snap clasp on it. That problem was resolved with a size 41 o ring from the hardware store.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos