Branta canadensis

Aye Mates,

Out and about with me camera today and got a few Canada Geese in me viewfinder. Our season opens here next week and we are anxious to put TEAM TRAD and TEAM REV to work in the retrieval of some waterfowl.

Days ahead lay waiting until the first half of our season for migratory birds opens. We will be hunting both TRAD and REV heavily in further development efforts in their skills as gundogs.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

I'm willing to bet TRAD and REV are even more excited than you and Rick ! Happy Hunting.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackK For This Useful Post:

Georgia (10-08-2016), IRISHWISTLER (10-06-2016)

Around here some geese stay year round with the corporate pools with bubblers staying clear of ice and food aplenty.

Funny story: When I first moved to northern IL (from southern GA) DH was a company commander, training recruits. A grueling, time consuming job. He would not get home till 11-midnight and then have to be up at 3-4 am. He got to sleep and I hear geese honking on their journey south. It was such a beautiful memory sound, having lived many years in New England. I had to wake him up, "Listen to the geese!" The response was not particularly a happy one but he still kids me about it.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (10-06-2016), Scoutpout (10-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by JackK View Post
    I'm willing to bet TRAD and REV are even more excited than you and Rick ! Happy Hunting.
    Aye Jack,
    Safe bet made me Lad. :-)

REV last year during his rookie season whilst on a Honker hunt, ye can see the excitement in his eyes.

TRAD - A patient and seasoned gundog lays amongst the decoys waiting to be sent on retrieve of any birds downed.

We will be working on having the two "honor" each other whilst afield, only going as selectively sent on retrieve by name.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Around here some geese stay year round with the corporate pools with bubblers staying clear of ice and food aplenty.

Funny story: When I first moved to northern IL (from southern GA) DH was a company commander, training recruits. A grueling, time consuming job. He would not get home till 11-midnight and then have to be up at 3-4 am. He got to sleep and I hear geese honking on their journey south. It was such a beautiful memory sound, having lived many years
    in New England. I had to wake him up, "Listen to the geese!" The response was not particularly a happy one but he still kids me about it.
    FRAN,
    I have been a hardcore "fowler" for near 46 years and the sounds of honking geese still get me blood surging and heart dancing. :-)

Slainte,
    THE DOG WHISTLER
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

I've never hunted waterfowl, only upland game, and it's been a very long time ago. I must admit, there is something about a flock of honkers going over that stops me in my tracks and make me look up.

Brooks is very birdy. The second he hears geese, he stops and looks up, and will track them until they are gone. Something tells me this guy has the right genes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    I've never hunted waterfowl, only upland game, and it's been a very long time ago. I must admit, there is something about a flock of honkers going over that stops me in my tracks and make me look up.

Brooks is very birdy. The second he hears geese, he stops and looks up, and will track them until they are gone. Something tells me this guy has the right genes!!!!!
    Barry,
    I knew that TRAD had the right genes prior to his leaving the womb due to me researching his sire and dam and up the line multiple generations.

TRAD'S love for birds and being amongst me gunning Mates bringing him true joy was evident early on in his development. I am a firm advocate for doing a thorough study on any prospective breeding way prior to any agreement made to purchase a pup.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (10-07-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos