Thread: Oh, memories

Senior Dog

Oh, memories

One of the professors on my campus has a golden retriever, Molly. She turned one over the summer. He was walking her on campus this morning and from about 20 feet away, I said, "Hey, Joe, hey Molly!" Well, Molly perked up and ran as hard as she could to get to me, tail wagging wildly, until she hit the end of her retractable leash. Of course she fell over herself like a fish at the end of a line! (A reason why we never used a retractable with Kimber.) Joe immediately started yelling, "Molly! come here! Molly! Come here!" She of course ignored him. Being a good "it takes a village" fellow dog owner, I turned my back on Molly. She woofed and then ran to her owner. He tried to get her to sit, and she was all, "But it's morning and we're walking and it's so much fun" wiggly. He finally firmly pushed her rump down and she flipped over for belly rubs. Joe just sighed and hung his head. Oh, and did I mention that somehow Molly had found water during a very dry day and was soaking wet from the legs down?

I don't pretend Molly is the best behaved or that Joe is the most consistent owner, but I well remember Kimber at that age and how all it took was an audience to make sure she forgot every ounce of training and became Miss Crazypants. LOL.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (10-13-2016), Snowshoe (10-13-2016)

All it takes is eye contact and too big of a smile from a stranger and Bubba is all "heel, what is heel? hello new best friend!"
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zd262 For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (10-13-2016)

I can just picture Molly from your description of the incident, all happy bundle of wet fur. At least your friend was able to hold on to the end of the Flexi and she didn't come racing over to you with the handle of the lead bouncing along behind her and jump up, hugging you with her wet, wet paws!

I wish I could say mine would never do that, and yet....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (10-13-2016)

Can visualize the incident. Good for you helping by turning around. It does take a village. Then again, wet legs and all, didn't you want to just hug that tornado of love.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (10-13-2016)

Labs and Goldens seem to be both blessed and cursed with the same affliction!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (10-13-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos