So Dakota and China seem pretty peaceful around the house together, out at the park and Dakota even seemed to be attempting a play jump the other day but China was otherwise engaged with her tennis ball. All in all-I am pleased.
At the park China has barked at horses and one other dog and tried to break loose to chase a soccer ball that did not belong to her. She still refuses the ramp. I have treated her when she puts her paws on it in the house and she did great, even walked up! But when I brought it back out to my truck she refused. I tried with 2 people so that she couldn't veer off the side however she just splays out flat.
We are still working on "leave it" and "stay" right now, progress not as fast as I had hoped but she's been doing things a different way for 9 years so I am going to be patient. The hardest part I have to say is she still wakes me up at odd times wanting ( I am guessing) to go out. 2 am today, when I ignored her wet nose in my ear she promptly layed back down until 5:30. Then I took her out & she peed, back in to sleep for a bit longer. I read that females in heat need to pee more often so...

The big news of the day though is I got a camera to spy on them!!!!! Its a YI dome-bought it from Amazon after reading reviews. It took me literally 2 minutes to have this thing up & running its that easy. SO I get to work today, open the app and there I see lo & behold-Dakota barking out the window. China clearly doesn't like this as she comes form a house of non barking dogs ( for whatever reason) This went on for like 10 minutes! I was crazy beside myself so I turned the intercom(yes it has a 2 way so I can talk to them! which I wasn't gonna do because I didn't want to freak them out) and asked her to hush. She turned toward the camera ( freaked out) ramped up her barking ( this time at the camera lol) jumped off the bed and left the room. I could hear her barking in the other room. I don't think this is a common practice of hers as my neighbor has mentioned to me that she never really hears much barking from our house during the day. I am hoping this remains true.
Just checked again and she was back on the bed barking again. OH no...what if she's a lunatic when I'm not there??