House Broken

Recommendation of a book: A dog's purpose

A lot of you might have read this book: A dog's purpose. I have just finished reading it and wanted to recommend it to those of you who did not know this book.

This book told stories from the dog's perspective. This dog was always reborn and had lived a few lives with his/her beloved owners. I laughed, cried and moved while I was reading. I cannot put it down and finished it in three days. So much connection between the dog in the book and my own dog. This book also has a sequel: a dog's journey. The sequel is also very excellent and I read it immediately after I finish A dog's purpose.

Also, the film based on this book is going to be released on January 27, 2017. I cannot wait to watch it!

======

Do you have any recommendation for dog-related novels? I am so obsessed with dog stories!

Read the book and agree, it's great. Will have to look for A Dog's Journey
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I couldn't get through that book, the first time the dog died in a hot car I just put the book down. Couldn't take it.

My Recommendations:

Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love
    Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love: Larry Levin: 9780446546300: Amazon.com: Books
    Dog was rescued from being a bait dog in a pit bull ring. He was deformed and ugly, missing an ear. He was nursed back to health and became a loving member of the family.

Merle's Door
    Merles Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog: Ted Kerasote: 9780156034500: Amazon.com: Books
    Fantastic book about a guy, living alone out in the wild, encounters a dog. Lot to be learned from the story about sometimes letting dogs be dogs kind of like letting your kids be kids.

Following Merles door, there is Pukka's Promise and Pukka the Pup after Merle

The Labrador Pact
    The Labrador Pact: A Novel: Matt Haig: 9780143114642: Amazon.com: Books
    This one was interesting. Totally fictional adventure story. Basically it is a story through the eyes of a Labrador. How he views his family, his family is going through hard times, how he tries to save them from divorce, a teenage child. Prince the main Labrador, takes advice from the Elder Labrador on the block who is teaching him the responsibilities of being a good labrador. Like the Labrador Code of Ethics. However things take an unexpected turn.

I have the book too and can't bring myself to continue to read it. It seems like ever since I put Cheanna down I've been hypersensitive to anything to do with a dog passing and when Zoe left us I was inconsolable for a good week. Even now I'm fighting back tears just talking about it.............
    At the Bridge
    Pinks - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 12/30/10 - 5/12/23
    Maddie - Chessie - 3/6/10 - 6/25/22
    Purps (Pinks sister) - Black Lab/mix -(Back with us 1/1/18) 12/30/10 - 4/7/21
    Gracie - Yellow Lab - 10/23/05 - 9/6/18
    Nozomi (Zoe) - BC/Lab - Got ya 9/5/09 - 3/19/15
    Abbey - Yellow Lab - Got ya - 5/8/09 - 4/22/11
    Cheanna - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 5/99 - 9/21/10
    Buddy (Bubba) - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 11/2/02 - 3/28/10
    Amber - Yellow Lab/Dobi - Got ya 8/1989 - 5/15/01

House Broken
    Sorry about this. My eyes are wet for Zoe.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos