Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is your lab's 'human' counterpart?

We've started using the phrase "drunken frat boy" as a shortcut to describe Thor when his personality is, uh, shining. For example, I'm traveling for work this week and my husband texted that Thor "met the new neighbor dogs and they seemed to enjoy playing with our Drunken Frat Boy". That tells me so much about how Thor was behaving when he met them. Life of the party, trying to engage everyone in the fun, everyone thinks he's good looking and the star, but he gets as close to he can to (and sometimes oversteps) the boundary of obnoxious and inappropriate behavior.

So if your lab was a human, what personality stereotype would they be? Any other drunken frat boys out there?
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    "Mama's Boy" and "Nervous Nelly". I probably don't need to explain which is which.

Murphy goes to doggy day care 2-3 times per week. It's at the same place where we board him the few times that happens. It's a great place, in that it's next to the woods and they play outside with other dogs several times per day.

Well, as I drive down the driveway to get there, Murphy starts going crazy in the backseat and starts barking. Now, Murphy very rarely barks. But he continues barking all the while we get out of the car and go inside the the workers take him back into the kennel area. It's a happy bark that says "hi, Hi, Hi, I'm here!!!!"

So as we get out of the car, I always say "All right social butterfly, let's do this". He's out little social butterfly.

The one lab I can most closely associate to a human is Mardi. True to her name, Mardi Gras, she had the ultimate fun loving, bawdy personality. If you walked into a bar on Bourbon Street she'd be the "broad" all dolled up, sitting at the bar, quick with a smile and a friendly greeting for all.

Melody was our flower child. Again, her name said it all - Song Of My Heart. While we often called her Miss Spitfire, she was so gentle in her ways always wanting to be in the middle of whatever was happening. Her spirit and song play strong in my heart.

Mr. Bandit, what can I say. His full name, Kissing Bandit, was proven if you leaned close. Not obnoxious, just a quick touch. He had that distinguished, suave personality, James Bond with the cool of Steve McQueen.

Potion was the perfect partner for Bandit. With the name of Love Potion, she was the beauty that made everyone stop and stare. The two could walk into a room and own it just being who they were.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

MightyThor (10-23-2016), MontananDakota (10-25-2016)

Senior Dog
    Mean Girl. When she meets a new dog, she is quick to try to establish dominance. With her best buddy Cooper, who outweighs her by 40 lbs, she'll take all his toys and lay in his bed while he looks on sadly. " On Wednesdays we wear pink," indeed.

Happily, she is super sweet to humans- and to other dogs, one the ranking has been established.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Comet would be a big stoner. Lazy, sleeps all day, dumber than a box of rocks, just happy to be near you and bonus if there's snacks.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Leo's would be Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. One minute he's well behaved and calm, then suddenly he's running around like a freak or biting at my hands. I've come to the realization that he needs something. Not always clear what, but usually a trip outside for a potty break, or his water bowl is low, or he just needs me to hold his toy as he chews on it. Leo is a bit spoiled I think...

Mocha would be Spicolli from Fast Times at Ridgmont High. "Some cool waves and tasty buzz and I'm fine". Life's a party and he's the party leader. He loves everyone, human and canine.
    -download-jpe

Latte would be the Tasmanian devil (now anyway). She is a whirl wind of movement and destruction.
    -clip-art-tasmanian-devil-988885-jpg
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Senior Dog
    Oh no...now I'm going to see that face every time I read about Mocha......

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (10-24-2016), sparky (10-24-2016)

These are great, it communicates so much about the variety of personalities we have on this board!
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos