• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired

Thread: So. Much. Rain.

Senior Dog

So. Much. Rain.

It's been raining since Friday and the creeks and streams are breaking their banks and flooding the road. Public schools actually closed today for a Flood Day. And it's supposed to keep raining until Tuesday night! May be time to build that ark...

How's the weather near you?
      Miss Kimber, CGC, birthdate 6/15/2005

Hidden Content

Senior Dog
      We're on the fringes of what you've been getting....just drizzly/misty/dreary. We've had less than 1/2" of rain in our gauge this entire time.

But, oh, the mud we have...and doggy laundry galore.
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Real Retriever
      Cool

We had a break from rain yesterday. I'm so fed up with all the mud in my house! Suppose to get more thunderstorms this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to annkie For This Useful Post:

katALlabs (04-24-2017)

Senior Dog
      Been cold, rainy, cloudy here, and we are supposed to get the storm that's hitting you some time today.

House Broken
      I may be one of the few who is happy about the rain. This kind of rain pulls down all of the pollen and increases the water reserves from the devastating hot and dry summer last year. I'll take it. Having to wipe eight paws and all.

Senior Dog
      Sounds like our entire fall...winter...and spring. Ugh! We hit possible river flooding a couple months ago, but are past that. The fields that we run hunt tests in are under water, so no land marks this spring. Everything is really green though, so that's kinda nice.

Senior Dog
      I just have to brag, the last 2 weekends have been awesome. High 60's low 70's, I actually tackled a project I have been wanting to do for the longest time. I made all new deck furniture. I had to buy the cushions but the furniture itself is pretty awesome. I only brag because March and Early April were miserable. I was watching and waiting for my basement to flood. Several rivers were over the banks and it was just troubling we really needed a break. So luckily we got one.

I started to make a much longer post but didn't want to derail this thread so I posted some pics of the furniture and my helper.
      Last Couple weekends, my around the house Helper.

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by Labradorks View Post
      Sounds like our entire fall...winter...and spring. Ugh! We hit possible river flooding a couple months ago, but are past that. The fields that we run hunt tests in are under water, so no land marks this spring. Everything is really green though, so that's kinda nice.
      Ditto. Rivers of melting snow are running so high, that huge boulders in the river bed (that have been there for eons, well known to water rescue teams) have been dislodged. We have an olympic kayaking course downtown on the Truckee and they may have to cancel a festival that brings the world's top kayakers to Reno every year. As far as training... pfft! Too muddy to get in to some of our best spots. And cold and miserable. We were supposed to have a nice day Saturday. It was milder and sunnier, but the wind would just about knock you down. And here comes another front with more rain and snow (at higher elevations.)

Senior Dog
      Happy

We're getting that starting tomorrow. Two inches of it anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos