• Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      Real Retriever

What do you do that others might fine odd?

It doesn’t mean to be “far out there odd, “ just something some might find different.

For me, it’s the fact that I ride my bicycle to work, or walk. We live less than 2km from work and I can bike it in under ten minutes, or walk in 15 to 20. Yes, I even ride my bike, or walk in the winter. I just dress appropriately. During tomato season, I can clock out at 4am, ride home, have a quick shower and be sitting on the couch surfing (ahem, usually with a cold beer beside me) by 4:20 at the latest. I’ve had more than a few people ask me if I drive, do we have a second car. One guy was hinting around that he had a used car we might be interested in buying. My answer was I don’t ride my bike because I need to, I ride it because I like to.

At work, I’m also very diligent about wearing my ear plugs. It’s a noisy environment with thousands of cans moving along on cables, equipment running etc. The number of people walking about with ear plugs dangling around their shoulders is a pet peeve of mine. Heck, even some supervisors are guilty of it.

Oh yeah, I put vinegar on my French fries. I think Andrew is slowly getting converted 🍟!

Hidden Content
      I'm in
      the zone!

Go to dog training classes 3 days a week.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Kleb (10-14-2017)

Real Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
      Go to dog training classes 3 days a week.
      That’s not odd, that’s perfectly normal

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kleb For This Useful Post:

barry581 (10-14-2017)

Senior Dog
      Happy

KUDOS to you for biking. Don't think my old bones could take it. I've yet to find a seat that is comfortable.

You know me, I Lego like a fanatic. Having to take some apart now to put up Halloween decorations, sigh.

I don't like ketchup - sorry Faye I know it's a tomato product. Fries need a little salt and that's it for me.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Real Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
      KUDOS to you for biking. Don't think my old bones could take it. I've yet to find a seat that is comfortable.

You know me, I Lego like a fanatic. Having to take some apart now to put up Halloween decorations, sigh.

I don't like ketchup - sorry Faye I know it's a tomato product. Fries need a little salt and that's it for me.
      I’d love to get into doing LEGO. Not sure what happened to the ones we had as kids. Remember spending lots of time creating things with them. Think there may have even been a mouse maze, or two made.

I’m not fond of ketchup on my fries either. Salt and vinegar for me. Now, if someone offers me some and it has ketchup or gravy on them I won’t turn them down. Maybe you need to try poutine. French fries, gravy and cheese curds.

Senior Dog
      Love vinegar on my fries. I think its great that you ride your bike to work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

Kleb (10-14-2017)

Real Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by Jollymolly View Post
      Love vinegar on my fries. I think its great that you ride your bike to work.
      Thanks! I love being close enough to work that I can ride. I remember when I was looking to buy a house I thought I could get “more” house in a town 15 km away for the same amount, but a) did I (single at the time) need a bigger house and b) how much more would I need to pay in gas, insurance, upkeep on a vehicle and, the most important, less sleep time. So, I bought close to work and it has been wonderful. At times, Andrew and I have thought about selling the truck and just having one vehicle (he needs to drive to work and public transportation doesn’t really exist here) but, truck doesn’t owe us anything and yes, sometimes I get lazy and don’t feel like biking to work. More likely to happen on a midnight shift when I just want to get home and in bed.

"Sorry"
      Tired

Whenever I smell vinegar and fries it reminds me of the old hockey rinks in town when I was a kid. They all sold the same fries and we would drown them in vinegar.

I started to put Franks Red Hot on everything as of late. I like to spice it up.
      Thanks Everyone!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

Kleb (10-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post

Ketchup is evil and should be banned!!! It makes me ill watching people (my wife) squirt it all over fries, burgers, hot dogs, etc. But the absolutely most disgusting thing people put ketchup on is eggs. Makes me want to hurl when I see that.

Senior Dog
      I love bananas with peanut butter. It makes DH gag to be in the same room.
      Miss Kimber, CGC, birthdate 6/15/2005

Hidden Content

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-15-2017)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos