• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Drunk
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      1,584
      Thanked: 1686

      Scenes From Me "Hood"

      Aye Mates,
      I am truly blessed to live in a particularly beautiful location in New England and autumn here just seems to underscore how magnificent it can be. I did a quick rove out after dinner this evening and captured these images as the sun disappeared below the western horizon. I hope ye enjoy them.

      Left to right they are; "SUNSET O'ER WESTFORD HILL", "EVENING'S FALL ON CLARK'S POND", and "RESPITE ON CLARK'S POND".

      Slainte',
      Irishwhistler
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc00376resized-jpg   -dsc00404resized-1-jpg   -dsc00406-jpg  
      TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
      DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

      Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

    2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

      Berna (11-03-2017), labsnewfy (11-02-2017), SunDance (11-01-2017), TuMicks (11-02-2017)

    3. #2
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      POPTOP's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      9,668
      Thanked: 5640
      Had family in New England and vividly remember how beautiful fall can be. Thanks for the beautiful memories.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

    4. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

      IRISHWISTLER (10-31-2017)

    5. #3
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      5,336
      Thanked: 4798
      You definitely live in a photographers heaven!

    6. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

      IRISHWISTLER (11-01-2017)

    7. #4
      Senior Dog
      Mr Kleb's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      here
      Posts
      1,420
      Thanked: 1071
      My vocabulary is so inadequate to describe how I feel on seeing these photos. Marvellous.
      Andrew, Faye, Achilles, and Fitzi

      Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, and now Stella

      I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

      The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life -- the sick, the needy and the handicapped. -Hubert Horatio Humphrey, US Vice President (1911-1978)

    8. #5
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      1,584
      Thanked: 1686
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kleb View Post
      My vocabulary is so inadequate to describe how I feel on seeing these photos. Marvellous.
      Mr. Kleb, ye expressed yeself most adequately. Thank ye kindly Mate.

      Mike

    9. #6
      Real Retriever
      Mollysmomma's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Moses Lake
      Posts
      391
      Thanked: 228
      Gorgeous photos!

    10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mollysmomma For This Useful Post:

      IRISHWISTLER (11-01-2017)

    11. #7
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      labsnewfy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      1,544
      Thanked: 784
      God's work is breathtakingly beautiful! We just have to remember to take time like you do stop and appreciate it, you have a wonderful gift in capturing nature with your camera. You could put a couple of those in a picture frame and sell them with the proceeds going to a charity.
      Hidden Content

      Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
      Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
      Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
      Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
      Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
      rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13

    12. #8
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      1,584
      Thanked: 1686
      Quote Originally Posted by labsnewfy View Post
      God's work is breathtakingly beautiful! We just have to remember to take time like you do stop and appreciate it, you have a wonderful gift in capturing nature with your camera. You could put a couple of those in a picture frame and sell them with the proceeds going to a charity.
      Thank ye for ye kind comments. I have donated several of me artworks including pencil drawings, paintings and wood sculptures to benefit various charities I support. I do so every year. I have not donated any o' me photographic works as o' yet, but will do so this year.

      Mike
      Last edited by IRISHWISTLER; 11-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.

    13. #9
      Senior Dog
      TuMicks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      United States
      Posts
      2,102
      Thanked: 853
      The beauty of nature on display out west is very, very different. The sky is so huge, it's hard to describe. There are some "barren" hills to the East of the Great Basin that at first glance are brown and sterile. But when some clouds form over them, and the sun begins to drop, they become a canvas for every shade of pink, lavender and purple. To the west of us are the Sierras, pine covered to the tree line, jagged and majestic above that... soon to be capped by snow. Breathtaking sunsets.

      But I must tell you, when we moved out here from back east, it took a long while to appreciate this very different kind of beauty. It was the year "Last of the Mohicans" was in the theater. If you remember the movie, there were a lot of panoramic sweeps of the camera over heavily forested rolling hills. Oh, how I missed the trees! It was like a bit of a grieving process.

      Your photos really touch me.

      Thanks.

    14. #10
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      1,584
      Thanked: 1686
      Quote Originally Posted by TuMicks View Post
      The beauty of nature on display out west is very, very different. The sky is so huge, it's hard to describe. There are some "barren" hills to the East of the Great Basin that at first glance are brown and sterile. But when some clouds form over them, and the sun begins to drop, they become a canvas for every shade of pink, lavender and purple. To the west of us are the Sierras, pine covered to the tree line, jagged and majestic above that... soon to be capped by snow. Breathtaking sunsets.

      But I must tell you, when we moved out here from back east, it took a long while to appreciate this very different kind of beauty. It was the year "Last of the Mohicans" was in the theater. If you remember the movie, there were a lot of panoramic sweeps of the camera over heavily forested rolling hills. Oh, how I missed the trees! It was like a bit of a grieving process.

      Your photos really touch me.

      Thanks.
      Aye Lass,
      Thank ye kindly. I enjoyed ye description o' the western landscape. Ye have the should of an artist Mate.

      Slan,
      Mikey

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

     



    Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •