• Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Senior Dog

"Skyward Honkers"

Aye Mates,
      Captured this image o' these Honkers as they were heading for the sky this morning. Note the top bird is sporting an "ankle bracelet". So much for house arrest.😂

Getting the feel for me new camera.👍

Cheers,
      Irishwhistler 🍀🇺🇸🇮🇪

"SKYWARD HONKERS"
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc00548resized-jpg  
      TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
      DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

Java (11-04-2017), labsnewfy (11-05-2017), POPTOP (11-03-2017), TuMicks (11-03-2017)

I bet they were happy you were shooting with the camera and not a 12 gauge!!!! Great shot!

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
      i bet they were happy you were shooting with the camera and not a 12 gauge!!!! Great shot!
      TRAD likes me Beretta more than me Sony. 😂😂😂

The Dog Whistler🦆

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (11-04-2017)

Senior Dog
      Awesome

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by TuMicks View Post
      Awesome
      Thanks Lass

Senior Dog
      REALLY nice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (11-03-2017)

Senior Dog
      Happy

Great picture!

Funny story: A lot of my family lived/lives in New England and geese were a fact of life, coming in in the spring, honking their way south in the fall. After living about 12 years in Savannah, GA, where we never saw geese, much less heard one, moved to northern IL. On one of the first nights here I woke DH up from a dead sleep, "Hear the geese?". He was not particularly pleased with me waking him up since he was a company commander training new recruits and working about 18 hours a day. It brought back so many great memories I had to share it with him thinking he would be surprised, LOL. Now it's a family joke - Hear them geese!
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
      Great picture!

Funny story: A lot of my family lived/lives in New England and geese were a fact of life, coming in in the spring, honking their way south in the fall. After living about 12 years in Savannah, GA, where we never saw geese, much less heard one, moved to northern IL. On one of the first nights here I woke DH up from a dead sleep, "Hear the geese?". He was not particularly pleased with me waking him up since he was a company commander training new recruits and working about 18 hours a day. It brought back so many great memories I had to share it with him thinking he would be surprised, LOL. Now it's a family joke - Hear them geese!
      Aye Fran,
      Ye story brings me back to whence me bride and I first got married. We rented a house about 1/2 mile from a large farm and the geese would fly very low o'er the house whilst on their way to feed in the corn lots first thing in the morning. The first day I heard it whist living their I thought I had died and gone to heaven, even more so whence I secured permission from the farm owner to hunt on his property. A year or so later and the place we were renting went up for sale and I bought it solely because the waterfowl hunting was so incredibly grand. T'was near 35 years ago but it seems like yesterday. Me love o' wild fowling has grown more passionate with each passing year.

Mikey

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (11-04-2017)

Senior Dog
      Wonderful photo. I would not have seen the ankle bracelet had you not mentioned it.

We live not far from Grand Bend Ontario. The potato fields near there are a resting place for Tundra Swans on their way north to the far tundra. There can be thousands.
      Andrew, Faye, Achilles, and Fitzi

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, and now Stella

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life -- the sick, the needy and the handicapped. -Hubert Horatio Humphrey, US Vice President (1911-1978)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Kleb For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (11-05-2017)

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kleb View Post
      Wonderful photo. I would not have seen the ankle bracelet had you not mentioned it.

We live not far from Grand Bend Ontario. The potato fields near there are a resting place for Tundra Swans on their way north to the far tundra. There can be thousands.
      Mr. Kleb,
      Very cool on the Tundra Swan activity in ye area. Beautiful Birds. I have jokingly told some folks that the only reason I snapped this photo was because I was shooting the band on the bird's leg. I never saw the band until I was processing the image.

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos