• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired

Thread: Advent Asthma

Senior Dog

Advent Asthma

I seem to get it every year. Around Christmas. Sometimes it hangs on until Spring. Health care in our town is so screwed up, there is basically no outpatient pulmonary care. So, for instance... I was referred to the pulmonologist last Christmas and was able to be seen in April, by which time, I was much better. And I got my follow-up pulmonary function tests in September. Now I have my Advent Asthma for 2017 and they're willing to see me March 28th, 2018.

So, I saw my primary doctor today and told her that this was nuts and could she please refer me to Stanford. (NOT that I have some fascinating and rare medical condition requiring the greatest medical minds in the world. NOT that my life is in danger. I just can't sleep for the coughing and I get short of breath walking/working the dog.) Anyhow, I love my PCP. She put the referral in the computer system.

Would you believe, I was in the truck driving home when Stanford called to get my info to put in their system. The pulmonary clinic is supposed to call me back within 1-2 business days to actually set up an appointment. It's a 6 hour drive one way, but heck... that's nothing if you can actually be seen.

Senior Dog
      You ever try MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) for asthma? It's a wonderful natural (sulfur...not sulfa) anti-inflammatory. I had my asthmatic cat on it...did away with those little donuts in his lungs....never had another asthma attack. I used to take it for pain and my sinuses were so clear it was unbelievable. Unfortunately, I developed an intolerance for sulfur and had to stop taking it.

You might want to research MSM/asthma and see what you think.
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Senior Dog
      Gee whiz. Asthma seems pretty nasty, hope you can get it fixed or a better work around.

Senior Dog
      Happy

What a great PCP! Hope the appointment is soon and you can get some help and relief.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
      Thanks all... if I don't get a call from Stanford today, they said I should call them on Friday.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos