• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Drunk
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 34
    1. #11
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      5,647
      Thanked: 5128
      Brooks and Sophie couldn't care less about the cold. True Labs I suppose. Me on the other hand, as soon as I hit the powerball I've moving to Maui!

    2. #12
      Senior Dog
      Mr Kleb's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      here
      Posts
      1,523
      Thanked: 1221
      Well it was -22C this morning, that's -7F so a little chilly here, colder than normal for December. The high was -10C or 14F. The songbirds powered through about a pound each of nyger and sunflower. Fitzi and Lucy ran around for a bit this morning then realized 'Wow it's cold' were done and wanted inside. Senior Achilles goes out when he wants to.
      Andrew, Faye, Achilles, Fitzi, and Lucy

      Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, and Stella

      I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

      In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take. -Adlai Stevenson, statesman (5 Feb 1900-1965)

    3. #13
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      janedoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      4,205
      Thanked: 1517
      Goat weather. As in, my goats are in my basement.

    4. The Following User Says Thank You to janedoe For This Useful Post:

      Scoutpout (01-03-2018)

    5. #14
      Senior Dog
      MightyThor's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Bend, Oregon
      Posts
      1,480
      Thanked: 2085

      Baby, It's Cold Outside

      Ive talked about this friend on this forum before. She has a retired sled dog and lives in a snowy community where there are laws around temperature limitations for pets being left outside. People can be fined or have their pets taken away if they are left out under certain temperatures. Silly Tally loves cold weather so much that her stubborn side only kicks in below freezing. The colder and worse the weather the more likely she is to curl up in a ball in the backyard and refuse to come in. My poor friend is 8 months pregnant right now and shes so worried about someone reporting her Tally being left out in the cold, yet there is nothing that silly dog wants more than to snuggle up in the snow.
      Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
      And a new yellow boy puppy, as yet unnamed, born on March 9 and joining our family on May 5!

      Hidden Content

    6. #15
      Puppy
      donnamorse's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      3
      Thanked: 0
      I am new here and cannot figure out how to post a new thread. help!

    7. #16
      Senior Dog
      SunDance's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      4,064
      Thanked: 2116
      Quote Originally Posted by donnamorse View Post
      I am new here and cannot figure out how to post a new thread. help!
      If you go to the home page you'll see a list of the individual forums on the left side of the page. Click on one that sounds like the area your post will fit in best and you'll see, on that page (about 6" down), a gray/blue background whozit with "Post New Thread" written on it. Click that whozit and you're good to go in the page that comes up.
      Hidden Content

      Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

      Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

      Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

    8. #17
      Senior Dog
      Snowshoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      6,006
      Thanked: 3384
      Quote Originally Posted by MightyThor View Post
      I’ve talked about this friend on this forum before. She has a retired sled dog and lives in a snowy community where there are laws around temperature limitations for pets being left outside. People can be fined or have their pets taken away if they are left out under certain temperatures. Silly Tally loves cold weather so much that her stubborn side only kicks in below freezing. The colder and worse the weather the more likely she is to curl up in a ball in the backyard and refuse to come in. My poor friend is 8 months pregnant right now and she’s so worried about someone reporting her Tally being left out in the cold, yet there is nothing that silly dog wants more than to snuggle up in the snow.
      Her dog is probably suffering in the heat inside the house. I know some animals need laws like this to protect them from stupid owners. But some animals can tolerate a lot of cold and we can provide warmth for them outside. We only brought my childhood dog (heavy coat) inside at night if it was -20F or below. He was very unhappy about it, it was TOO HOT in the house. And we had central heat, let it go down at night and most people would find our house cold. We have had stray cats for years, outside. OH built heavily insulated houses with baffle doors, puts fresh straw in every winter. These cats are feral but we do see them and they have all their ears, toes and tails. We feed them too, so they are fat, which helps keep them warm.

      WE got to -28C (~-20F) last night. It's still -27C. Oban wants to go out and roll in the snow.

    9. #18
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      POPTOP's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      10,045
      Thanked: 5968
      Quote Originally Posted by MightyThor View Post
      I’ve talked about this friend on this forum before. She has a retired sled dog and lives in a snowy community where there are laws around temperature limitations for pets being left outside. People can be fined or have their pets taken away if they are left out under certain temperatures. Silly Tally loves cold weather so much that her stubborn side only kicks in below freezing. The colder and worse the weather the more likely she is to curl up in a ball in the backyard and refuse to come in. My poor friend is 8 months pregnant right now and she’s so worried about someone reporting her Tally being left out in the cold, yet there is nothing that silly dog wants more than to snuggle up in the snow.
      A friend of my daughter has a dog like that, he loves being outside in the colder weather. I think he's part lab and part chow. The reverse in the summer, he wants to be inside with the air conditioning.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

    10. #19
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      labsnewfy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      1,646
      Thanked: 839
      oh we all froze in the winter leaving our house temp at 68-70 with Bailey to keep him and his hairy self comfortable. the house was cooled to the same 67-68 in the summer with ceiling fans going to keep him and the other labs cool. Little Ginger and I were always snuggled under a throw in the couch LOL

      Now with the cold Sarah enjoys going out and wondering the yard but doesn't stay out too long especially if it is below freezing I bring her back in after a few minutes for fear of frostbite. Ginger is out does her business then right back in with this cold. Right now our temps are 16 but feels like 9
      Hidden Content

      Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
      Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
      Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
      Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
      Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
      rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13

    11. #20
      Senior Dog
      Sue-Ram's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,313
      Thanked: 941
      I really don't mind these cold temps. I feel warmer with this dry cold than I do when it's just above freezing and the snow starts to melt. I don't do dampness well.
      Hidden Content

      Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011
      CGN - 6/10/2013


    Quick Reply Quick Reply

     



    Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •