• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
      Senior Dog
      Happy

Bought this but now . . .

I got really excited when I saw something very close to this online. It's actually much less expensive at the warehouse stores.

Amazon.com: 72 Wide 15 Drawer Stainless Steel Anti-Fingerprint Tool Chest with Work Station: Home Improvement

We needed a new island and this is right up my alley.

Brought it home, unpacked it and am now surrounded by about 40 large pieces. Now I'm thinking I should have bought the floor model.

Senior Dog
      All the cabinets/drawers in the world still wouldn't get my husband to return any tool where it belongs after he used it. I had to create my own bag of tools to keep in a desk drawer so that i'd be able to find what I needed when I needed it.

Nifty looking chest...good luck getting it put together (I hate "assembly required"...I let Bob find the necessary tools and do it for me.)
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Senior Dog
      How is it made "anti-fingerprint" I wonder?

Senior Dog
      I love the other one on the Amazon site with the cabinet door on one side. Our family chef would probably love that, too, just not the price. I kind of like assembly required projects, as long as the one crucial little piece isn't missing! You know, that one piece? I'd rather have a handful of extras than not have one piece without which you cannot continue assembly.

Senior Dog
      Amused

well with the prices for new kitchen remodels...I predict many a change in the future...I just got quoted 14k for new countertops..bs no way.
      First time pet owner
      Hidden Content
      Chili born 7/21/2013

Senior Dog
      Happy

That went well!

The fingerprint resistant finish is a powdered coating and does not take stainless steel cleaners. It's cleaned with a mild soap and buffed with a microfiber cloth.

I really liked this company - UltraHD (not the one in the picture - I couldn't find that one on amazon anymore). They loaded the hardware and provided a magnetized screwdriver. I had all of the pieces and much more hardware than I needed which was great because I dropped about 20 pieces and they just rolled away but I could just grab out of the bag without wondering if I needed to hunt the others down. Also, the top is hardwood, not rubberized.

This unit was $399 at the warehouse store. It turns out that people are buying them up then selling them online for 2-3 times the price.

Here's the pic. I had to wait for my husband to help with the door installation. A two person job since the hinges kept falling off.

I followed the instructions to the letter. They started with "Open a large bottle of red wine and start drinking" so that's what's going on in the left hand corner.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kitchenisland-jpg  

Senior Dog
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
      well with the prices for new kitchen remodels...I predict many a change in the future...I just got quoted 14k for new countertops..bs no way.
      Try a scrap place. I bought a lot of corian for $250, cut to size. If you don't need large pieces and don't care much about the color, you could be good.

Senior Dog
      Nice...amazing how much help some wine can be.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

janedoe (05-18-2018)

Senior Dog
      Happy

Cleared out the old island, put the new one in and it is just so pretty. This is a happy moment. And wine just makes everything so much better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos