• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Drunk
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 17
    1. #1
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      janedoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      4,773
      Thanked: 1711

      Washing your legs.

      I'm sorry but I'm kind of obsessed with this whole thing about people not washing their legs. Whatever happened to exfoliation and skin care? I'm actually more concerned about feet. I get right in between my toes but apparently people don't get down there because they don't have that kind of balance. What?! I have serious concerns. Mostly about fungus.

      Thoughts?

    2. #2
      Senior Dog
      smartrock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Carolina in my mind..
      Posts
      5,022
      Thanked: 3193
      What makes you suspect people are not washing themselves?

    3. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

      SunDance (05-17-2019)

    4. #3
      Senior Dog
      SunDance's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      5,119
      Thanked: 2711
      That was my first thought, too.

      I hope I don't remember this and start checking people out...
      Hidden Content

      Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

      Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

      Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

    5. #4
      Senior Dog
      SunDance's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      5,119
      Thanked: 2711
      Hey, smartrock…..this Google search is for you.

      Who knew? It's apparently an ongoing debate amongst people who debate this sort of thing.

      https://www.google.com/search?source...i3.YAgMmX3C6NY

      (shaking my head)

    6. #5
      Senior Dog
      smartrock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Carolina in my mind..
      Posts
      5,022
      Thanked: 3193
      That's... nothing I ever give any thought to and I still don't plan to think about it.

    7. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

      SunDance (05-17-2019)

    8. #6
      Senior Dog
      zd262's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      California
      Posts
      1,044
      Thanked: 583
      I heard about this debate on the radio! And of the 3 radio announcers - 1 washed their legs & feet, 1 didn't washed their legs or feet, 1 washed their legs but not their feet.

      Personally I think not washing your feet is even grosser than not washing your legs, but I wash both. I hope that none of the people who don't wash their legs do any exercise.
      Hidden Content


      Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

    9. #7
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      janedoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      4,773
      Thanked: 1711
      I heard about it on the radio too. I think one of the reasons I'm so grossed out about this is that I slog around in mud and a wet field regularly so can't imagine not washing. I have no idea what's on the inside of my boots.

    10. #8
      Senior Dog
      SunDance's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      5,119
      Thanked: 2711
      Quote Originally Posted by janedoe View Post
      I heard about it on the radio too. I think one of the reasons I'm so grossed out about this is that I slog around in mud and a wet field regularly so can't imagine not washing. I have no idea what's on the inside of my boots.
      Ooh...I can't resist. You mean if you get something down in your boots, you don't at least rinse them out before wearing them again? Yuck gets on your feet/legs from your boots?

    11. #9
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      janedoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      4,773
      Thanked: 1711
      Quote Originally Posted by SunDance View Post
      Ooh...I can't resist. You mean if you get something down in your boots, you don't at least rinse them out before wearing them again? Yuck gets on your feet/legs from your boots?
      Well, they're water resistant, not rubber. I'm fairly convinced that there's stuff residing in the boot material and potentially goes through it. My pant legs probably prevent too much from getting in the boots themselves. I'm pretty limited in my footwear because of foot issues. I have to wear something with good arch support so I pretty much just wear Merrells otherwise I can't walk the next day.

    12. #10
      Senior Dog
      SunDance's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      5,119
      Thanked: 2711
      Quote Originally Posted by janedoe View Post
      Well, they're water resistant, not rubber. I'm fairly convinced that there's stuff residing in the boot material and potentially goes through it. My pant legs probably prevent too much from getting in the boots themselves. I'm pretty limited in my footwear because of foot issues. I have to wear something with good arch support so I pretty much just wear Merrells otherwise I can't walk the next day.
      I hear ya on the foot issues. Have you ever tried using sports orthotics for your arch support? I need wide front/narrow heel because my feet keep getting stupider with age, and I've always needed good arch support. I now also need serious padding under the forefoot. Wanna trade feet? Serious on the sports orthotics, though...they're a godsend for me.

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

     



    Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •