• Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Puppy

Wink Welcome to all - from Ontario, Canada!

Hi everyone!

New Forum member here! I'll try to keep my story short, but I wanted to give you all a brief history of who I am.

My family always had a lab growing up, and I came to love the breed. When I started to adult on my own and moved out, I was living in a tiny apartment. As much as I wanted a lab, I opted for a smaller breed and that's how Charlie the dachshund came into my life.

I spent 5 amazing years with Charlie. The two of us moved back in with my parents after a few years, (rent sucks), and he was honestly my best friend, as cliche as that sounds. He was spoiled and a diva, but he was the best thing that ever happened to me and I never wanted to imagine my life without him.

Then tragedy hit this past November 2016. Without becoming a sobbing mess at work as I'm writing this and going into too much detail, I'll just say that my sweet little boy fell incredibly ill and was in a large amount of pain. With a non-treatable diagnoses, my heart broke as I made the decision to say goodbye to him.

I am still recovering from the loss of Charlie. Every day is a battle to wake up, and not an hour goes by that I don't think of him. It wasn't long after we said our goodbyes though that I realized my life wasn't complete without another fur-child. I knew I could never replace Charlie, but I also knew that it was in my soul to have a dog in my life.

I knew I couldn't do a dachshund breed again (even though I love them as well), and having been raised with labs, this is the route I decided to take. Enter Lucy into my life.

Lucy is a bouncing and energetic 4-month old chocolate lab. She has been the "distraction" I've needed this past while, and our bond is becoming tighter each and everyday. She is so smart and beautiful, and is full of love, just wanting to please those around her already.

We've had some rocky patches, (I know puppies, labs especially, are known for biting/nipping/mouthing, but dang Lucy!), but overall, my heart melts when I look into her gorgeous eyes.

The one thing I loved about having Charlie was becoming a part of the "dachshund-community". Plenty of wiener dog events scheduled near me, and just a general online presence for doxie-parents. This is why I have joined this Forum. I am so excited to get chatting with all of you, and share our experiences, highs and lows, and overall love of labs!

I am an incredibly open person and love to chat to new people, so please don't hesitate to say Hi!

Sarah and Lucy

Senior Dog
      Welcome to the board! So sorry about Charlie. I'm glad Lucy was able to help your heart heal a little.

I have 2 boys. Maverick is 2 1/2 and Bear is 6 months. They're different, but do alike in so many ways. And also, we love pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Dog
      Happy

Hello and Welcome!

I home senior labs, our last passing 6 or so months ago. Before she passed we got Archie, a GSD, and boy are they different than a lab. Hopefully I will find another senior lab in the spring

Rest In Peace Charlie
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
      Hi and welcome. So sorry for your loss. Run free Charlie

Lucy put those razor teeth away. Looking forward to seeing pics and getting to know you

Puppy
      Thanks for the welcome guys! Your condolences mean a lot as well!

If I am anything other than a dog-lover, it's a photo-fiend! You ask and you shall receive! To start things off, here is a picture of Lucy taken at Christmas time when I took her into my work (dog-friendly office, yah!):

-lucy3-jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SunnySideUp For This Useful Post:

Java (01-11-2017)

Senior Dog
      welcome from a fellow ontarian! what a cutey

So sorry for your loss. I lost a young dog very suddenly this summer and it's really really awful I feel your pain.

Senior Dog
      WElcome from another Ontariariarion. So sorry you lost Charlie so tragically young. Lucy looks like a sweetie pie (unlike my Lucy who is a house wrecking cat) and just the thing to help heal a sad heart.

Real Retriever
      Welcome, Sarah and Lucy. What a cutiepie!
      Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
      Hidden Content

Puppy
      Woo! Fellow Ontarioans! Hope you're doing better with your weather today than we are.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!

Very sorry to hear of you loss of Charlie. I think Lucy will help fill the void from his loss, and boy is she cute!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos