Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got a new baby in the house.

So I put a deposit down on a black female sired by a Cosmo son and out of a Grady dam. Kind of a real out-cross breeding. I have always had a prejudice about sticking with black dogs where the gene pool is (in my view) the deepest. Well...

I got a call from the breeder who told me that all the black females were taken, but he had one yellow in the litter... a female... and did I want her. I asked him to give me 24 hours to think about it. Ended up I did take her. Then one of the other buyers saw her and wanted her but I had already emotionally attached to the idea of a yellow and didn't want to swap.

Anyhow, the sire and dam were both black and I figure she only had black siblings, so she probably doesn't realize she isn't also black. Consequently, I named her:

Troublesome Tumicks Don't Tella She's Yella.

She's 15 weeks old and currently 30 pounds. Long and lanky. We've returned to NV from TX and living in the 'burbs without fields or ponds. That's OK 'cause our job right now is just learning about regular obedience stuff which is coming along very well indeed. She knows all about sitting and waiting to go in or out of the door and sitting before she can get her food. She kinda knows what HERE means. We've worked on PLACE and KENNEL. She's just a real sweet little gal. I think she's going to be a lot more moderate than Ram Jet Rocket Dog, but then... I haven't had her retrieving ducks yet either. I'm sure that will crank her up a lot.

Looking forward to returning to TX with the rookie and having a reunion with the Black Major Leager.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

barry581 (07-12-2020), IRISHWISTLER (07-09-2020), JackK (07-15-2020), Jen5200 (07-07-2020), Jollymolly (07-05-2020), kimbersmom (07-09-2020), POPTOP (07-13-2020), SamsonsMom (07-09-2020), smartrock (07-05-2020), Snowshoe (07-06-2020), Toad (02-10-2022), zd262 (07-06-2020)

Love that name! So what do you actually call her? Oh, I saw it in your other post, assuming I missed it here- Bridget!

Congrats on the new addition! When we going to see some pics??!!

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    Love that name! So what do you actually call her? Oh, I saw it in your other post, assuming I missed it here- Bridget!
    The first Bridget (a black, naturally) was born in 2008, had her MH at age 4 and went to the 2012 MN. She was almost totally trained and handled by a pro, but was a really sweet gal when she was home. She died suddenly about a year ago so I thought it was time to have a baby Bridget.

I have some pic's on my phone and will see if I can get them up on the forum.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

smartrock (07-09-2020)

congrats!

TuMicks,

I love her name. Cosmo / Grady blood = "THE RIGHT STUFF". I now own my first yellow dog and could not be happier with him. Both his sire and dam were yellow factored blacks. Post up some photo's when ye can as it would be great to see ye new lass. Best o' luck with her Mate! 👍👌

Slaint,
    Mikey ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Senior Dog
    Wow a new baby and with a great pedigree. I am sure she will make your life exciting. I saw that RD is with a pro getting to run some HRC tests. Good for you and her. We are not going to be running anything this year. All our trials and tests have been cancelled into September and I image they will be cancelled as well. It has been hot here (not as hot as where you are but too hot for us to train) for the last 2 weeks. The weather broke last night so will probably do some training next week. I decided that since Elle is not going to be running any tests I would put her back into therapy to make sure she stays fit. WE are back on the water tread mill and she has an exercise programme designed to use all of the equipment I bought her. We are also signed up for a Dr Chris Zinc seminar for the canine athlete but it was cancelled until November. I am looking forward to it.
    Enjoy your new addition and keep us posted on how she and RD are doing.

Congratulations! Love "the sire and dam were both black and I figure she only had black siblings, so she probably doesn't realize she isn't also black". Great name.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

House Broken
    Congrats!!!! Would love to see pictures of your new pup.
    I too have a new field/obedience hopeful, just turned 13 weeks. These pups are SO fun
    Attachment 9380
    Attachment 9381
    Last edited by indybindy; 07-30-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos